For those who wait on Pitching - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

For those who wait on Pitching

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby MasterX1918 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:51 am

is Samardzija moving to the rotation?
Image
MasterX1918
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 2150
(Past Year: 4)
Joined: 13 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 08, 2012 10:57 am

MasterX1918 wrote:is Samardzija moving to the rotation?


He is pitching spring as if he were a starter, he has to make the rotation still. Not very tough competition though.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby J35J » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:48 am

Ender wrote:I'm not seeing it with Paulino, especially with the move to a bad defensive team in the AL.


2B is the only real defensive liability.... :-?
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 08, 2012 12:04 pm

J35J wrote:
Ender wrote:I'm not seeing it with Paulino, especially with the move to a bad defensive team in the AL.


2B is the only real defensive liability.... :-?


Yost has already come out and said Betancourt will get 3 starts a week or so and he is terrible, my guess is he steals AB from both MI and ends up playing 2 times a week in reality. Hosmer has been a below average defensive 1B so far. Moustakas looked decent last year but does not have a good defensive reputation so I'm not holding out hope. Cain has an ok reputation but I don't think he is much more than an average defensive CF. A bad defense is probably stretching things but it won't be a good one, not that the Astros had an amazing defense either.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby J35J » Thu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 pm

Ender wrote:
J35J wrote:
Ender wrote:I'm not seeing it with Paulino, especially with the move to a bad defensive team in the AL.


2B is the only real defensive liability.... :-?


Yost has already come out and said Betancourt will get 3 starts a week or so and he is terrible, my guess is he steals AB from both MI and ends up playing 2 times a week in reality. Hosmer has been a below average defensive 1B so far. Moustakas looked decent last year but does not have a good defensive reputation so I'm not holding out hope. Cain has an ok reputation but I don't think he is much more than an average defensive CF. A bad defense is probably stretching things but it won't be a good one, not that the Astros had an amazing defense either.


If Betancourt plays more than twice a week there will be a riot....hell, if he plays twice a week even, their will be a riot.

Hosmer is average at worst

Mouse will probably just be average but that's not a liability

Cain will likely be above avg as well

I don't think they'll be great but they will be average to above average overall I'd guess.
J35J
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Posts: 10467
(Past Year: 421)
Joined: 26 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:34 pm

He could also be talking about Edison Volquez who is another potential high K/9 guy that will likely still hurt your WHIP but maybe Petco will protect the ERA enough to make him worth it.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby Padsin05 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 5:50 pm

Ender wrote:He could also be talking about Edison Volquez who is another potential high K/9 guy that will likely still hurt your WHIP but maybe Petco will protect the ERA enough to make him worth it.


......
Padsin05
Major League Manager
Major League Manager


Posts: 1540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby colt4523 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:02 pm

What is the latest on Chapman? Is he going to start?
90% of my posts are from complaining about my team :)
colt4523
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar

Posts: 2696
(Past Year: 83)
Joined: 19 Jan 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: michigan

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby Ender » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:05 pm

colt4523 wrote:What is the latest on Chapman? Is he going to start?


He will most likely stretch out as a starter in the minors at first.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Posts: 7733
Joined: 30 Apr 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: For those who wait on Pitching

Postby kab21 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:24 pm

colt4523 wrote:What is the latest on Chapman? Is he going to start?


the latest? My crystal ball says TJ with Baker jerking him around between the rotation and the bullpen.

"There’s going to come a point where we’ll have to decide if he’ll be ready in time or not," Baker said of Bray. "It’s a luxury that we can potentially have three lefties in the bullpen [including] Chapman if we need him. That’s a pretty good backup plan."
kab21
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
Posts: 5317
(Past Year: 181)
Joined: 24 Nov 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ensanimal, GiantsFan14, unioreimi and 10 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Today's Games
Friday, Jul. 25
(All times are EST, weather icons show forecast for game time)

St. Louis at Chi Cubs
(4:05 pm)
Toronto at NY Yankees
(7:05 pm)
Arizona at Philadelphia
(7:05 pm)
Washington at Cincinnati
(7:10 pm)
Boston at Tampa Bay
(7:10 pm)
indoors
San Diego at Atlanta
(7:35 pm)
Oakland at Texas
(8:05 pm)
Chi White Sox at Minnesota
(8:10 pm)
NY Mets at Milwaukee
(8:10 pm)
Cleveland at Kansas City
(8:10 pm)
Miami at Houston
(8:10 pm)
Pittsburgh at Colorado
(8:40 pm)
Detroit at LA Angels
(10:05 pm)
Baltimore at Seattle
(10:10 pm)
LA Dodgers at San Francisco
(10:15 pm)

  • Fantasy Baseball
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact