Not very bold prediction - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Not very bold prediction

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Not very bold prediction

Postby Tavish » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:27 pm

ichirosan wrote:They are overrated.

I just saw Jayson Stark's article where he polled GMs about which teams have a legitimate chance of winning the World Series. The Nationals were a unanimous pick, while teams like the Red Sox, Brewers and Giants weren't.

Mind you, I think they will be good, but they're still a year away.

In the same poll the Marlins were an unanimous pick as well. I wouldn't consider the Nationals overrated because one dumb NL GM left the Red Sox off his list of contenders.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Mar 01, 2012 6:30 pm

ichirosan wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:I don't think they're over-rated. I haven't heard people talk about them like they're playoff favourites. I would bet on them being a .500 team but I doubt they'll have a shot at the playoffs because the Phillies are so dominant and the second place team in the Central will be tough to beat. If there's hype, it's probably because they have two of the biggest prospects in baseball in Strasburg and Harper, and have shown a willingness to toss around large amounts of cash.

They are overrated.

I just saw Jayson Stark's article where he polled GMs about which teams have a legitimate chance of winning the World Series. The Nationals were a unanimous pick, while teams like the Red Sox, Brewers and Giants weren't.

Mind you, I think they will be good, but they're still a year away.

OK, so the GMs that Jayson Stark polled over-rate how good the Natinals are. That doesn't mean everybody else does, too.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)

Postby Bronson » Fri Mar 02, 2012 3:53 pm

Maris09 wrote:Nat's won 80 games last year without Strass for most of the season, J. Zimm on an innings limit, no Gio, no Laroche, Ryan Zimmerman getting less than 400 AB, and Morse not really getting going until a couple months in. I like their chances of mid to high 80's wins, and that puts them in contention (especially if things don't break right health wise with Philly). Nats to win that Div at +1200 is pretty nice value IMO.

I agree. Big sleeper potential to win the NL East. Kinda like that Rays team that won the AL East in '08.
I SWEAR IT !!!
Bronson
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers