Lincecum or Gallardo in NL Only League?(WHIR) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Lincecum or Gallardo in NL Only League?(WHIR)

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Lincecum or Gallardo in NL Only League?(WHIR)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Feb 29, 2012 9:44 pm

kidsilk wrote:Nevermind, the dipshit just trade Gallardo for Daniel Murphy! :-t

Thanks for your help so far though.

WOW :-?

Try to offer the new Gallardo owner your Lincecum, See if he bites. At those prices, and Lince's declining numbers, I'd be more than happy with Gallardo.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kidsilk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:14 pm

In the same league I have just been offered Matt Holliday(34) and Randy Wolf(3) for my Michael Bourn(24) and Ted Lilly(12),

I am thinking no but just thought I would get a few opinions. Thanks and leave your links.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1232)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:18 pm

Also in same league I have been offered Jimmy Rollins(23) for my Daniel Hudson(15). NO, right? He doesn't have much offense other than Beltran at 12 bucks and Neil Walker at 16 dollars. Just keep Hudson right or should I make a move for one of these guys to bolster my offense?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:27 pm

kidsilk wrote:In the same league I have just been offered Matt Holliday(34) and Randy Wolf(3) for my Michael Bourn(24) and Ted Lilly(12),

I am thinking no but just thought I would get a few opinions. Thanks and leave your links.

This one is closer than it looks IMO. You shed the overpriced Lilly contract to make room for Holliday. Your SP quality decreases a tad, but your hitting goes up a lot overall from Bourn to Holliday (with a net cost of $1). Problem is, losing Bourn and your steals would drop dramatically. And lacking other speedsters, you should probably hang onto him.

kidsilk wrote:Also in same league I have been offered Jimmy Rollins(23) for my Daniel Hudson(15). NO, right? He doesn't have much offense other than Beltran at 12 bucks and Neil Walker at 16 dollars. Just keep Hudson right or should I make a move for one of these guys to bolster my offense?

You do need help hitting wise, but this is an overpay IMO. You certainly have the pitching to part with, but I'd hold out for a Rollins + Beltran sort of deal.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kidsilk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:31 pm

This guy is desperate for pitching. Should I even attempt to offer the crazy deal of Hudson for Rollins AND Beltran?
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby sigriffey » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:31 pm

I agree with SPQR. I would add that I might be tempted to do the Holliday deal anyway IF and only IF you think you can grab a Dee Gordon/Ben Revere type early in the season/draft. And to be honest, I think you could.
sigriffey
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafeholic
(Past Year: 12)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:36 pm

Or I could offer him McGehee(20) and Hudson(15) for Rollins(23) and Beltran(12) a totally even offer as far as money goes. I just can't part with Bourn I don't think. He is so important for steals. He saved my ass last year. If you guys think I should do the Holliday deal please leave some reasons and if I should keep Wolf if I do it. Thanks guys.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby scud35 » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:37 pm

kidsilk wrote:This guy is desperate for pitching. Should I even attempt to offer the crazy deal of Hudson for Rollins AND Beltran?

Thats a terrible deal. Hudson is young stud whos proven he can be very valuable in every category except strikeouts (although he had a very high swinging strike percentage last year so I predict them increasing). It mkaes no sense to deal him for two players way past their prime
scud35
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:44 pm

kidsilk wrote:Or I could offer him McGehee(20) and Hudson(15) for Rollins(23) and Beltran(12) a totally even offer as far as money goes. I just can't part with Bourn I don't think. He is so important for steals. He saved my ass last year. If you guys think I should do the Holliday deal please leave some reasons and if I should keep Wolf if I do it. Thanks guys.

I would certainly make that deal if it leads to getting McGehee off of your roster.

scud35 wrote:Thats a terrible deal. Hudson is young stud whos proven he can be very valuable in every category except strikeouts (although he had a very high swinging strike percentage last year so I predict them increasing). It mkaes no sense to deal him for two players way past their prime

True, both Rollins and Beltran are past their prime, but they should provide solid hitting stats in 2012 (based on their position and the depth of the league). Hudson has good long term potential, but he also threw a boat load of innings this past year, including the playoffs. I don't like dramatic IP spikes on young arms. Red flag for me.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby kidsilk » Wed Feb 29, 2012 11:42 pm

Anyone else care to comment on the deals at hand? Thanks.
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

PreviousNext

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions