H2H Playoff format...Divisions... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

H2H Playoff format...Divisions...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

H2H Playoff format...Divisions...

Postby deghumacao » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:50 pm

...I'm the Commissioner of a 3rd year H2H points CBS league that will be going to multiple match ups each week. Each team will be playing 7 match ups each week for 22 weeks for a total of 154...like in the old MLB days. I carried over the original format of 2 Divisions of 6 teams each. For the playoffs...6 teams make it with the top 2 seeds getting byes. Some owners have brought up certain issues. So I have a few questions...first...since we are playing multiple match ups during the reg season...do we also play multiple match ups during the playoffs or do we do the traditional 1 match up where the highest seed always plays the lowest seed? Which one is the better playoff format? Now when in comes to Divisons...some owners have brought up the fact that since we are playing multiple match ups each week and we don't carry an even schedule the 2 Division format is useless...we should only have 1 Division...so is it best to carry 1 division or two?...tx in advance for your help guys...DENNIS.
deghumacao
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H Playoff format...Divisions...

Postby bigmck » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:56 pm

If you don't have a schedule where you play your division more times than the other division, there is no need to have them. There is nothing wrong with all teams in one division. After all in the 1960's, that is the way the NL and AL was setup. == I would just have one team playing each other in the playoffs.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: H2H Playoff format...Divisions...

Postby deghumacao » Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:49 pm

tx big
deghumacao
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)