Does ESPN Support a Slow Draft? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Does ESPN Support a Slow Draft?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Does ESPN Support a Slow Draft?

Postby Bajecco » Mon Feb 27, 2012 5:03 pm

Title says it all. My crew can't agree to a draft date so we need to do a slow draft. While browsing the draft settings at ESPN I noticed that there isn't an option to do a slow draft to take place over an extended period of time. Obviously the point is to have the owners log in and draft at their convenience. It has to be possible right?

Thanks.
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Does ESPN Support a Slow Draft?

Postby Bajecco » Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:06 pm

I contacted ESPN. Apparently a slow draft is not possible because draft room's are only available for 24hr's. Here is there response.

Thank you for playing ESPN Fantasy Baseball.

I apologize for any confusion this may have caused. Unfortunately, we do not offer a slow draft option within our Fantasy Baseball system settings. There will not be a way for you, as League Manager, to set the draft availability for more than 24 hours. Our system settings will simply not allow this to occur. I will pass your comments along as a suggestion to our Fantasy Baseball department.

Draft times show up as they become available. As the season draws closer it becomes harder to a reserve draft time because there is a limit to the number of leagues that can draft at one time.

There is no guarantee that a specific draft time will become available, although it may happen due to leagues cancelling or changing their draft time.

We recommend that you select a time closest to your preferred draft time. If you wait for a time to become available, the available slots will continue to fill up. If you wait too long, your league may have to draft after the season start.

We will not "bump" another league who has reserved a draft time to accommodate other draft requests.

For live assistance with this or any other issue, please call Customer Care at 1-888-549-3776 (ESPN) between 8:00 a.m. and 1:00 a.m. EST.

Regards,

Andrew
ESPN.com Customer Care
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby deghumacao » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:00 pm

NO. If you don't want to pay for a website like CBS which does support it...then you need to go to couchmanagers.com...have the slow draft there and then transfer everything to your league. I believe they charge $1.00 per team.
deghumacao
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 17)

Postby bigmck » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:51 pm

I have done a slow draft with email before. Each Owner gets 24 hours. If you make a schedule before hand it gives everyone a time period they will draft and they can be looking for it. In the early rounds the owners don't take 24 hours and it goes pretty quick. When an owner picks he emails the next guy that he is on the clock.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 59)

Postby Bajecco » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:01 pm

Thank's for the input fellas!
Bajecco
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor