LIVAN HERNANDEZ OWNERS:::::::: - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

LIVAN HERNANDEZ OWNERS::::::::

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

LIVAN HERNANDEZ OWNERS::::::::

Postby hello » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:28 pm

Im about to trade for him or clemens. who will be better? livan had incredible stats last year but was it a fluke? who will be an overall better pitcher? what is up with livan this year?
hello

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby inkubus » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:30 pm

Um, go for Clemens. Livan still might have a good year (although probably not as good as the last), he's a workhorse.
inkubus
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:46 pm

I had Livan last year.. and i have him again this year. I wouldnt trade Clemens for him though. Livan is an innings eater. Last year was a career year for him. He set personal bests in K's, ERA, Whip, Walks. Who knows if he can come close to that again. If he can, great. I dont think he'll hurt your team at all though either. But this is one year he's been that solid. Clemens has been solid throughout his career. He's moving to the NL where the majority have not seen him. Advantage-Clemens. Plus his team is better than the Expos. Only thing that may have others hung-up about is his age and the fact he'll have to run the bases in the NL (groin injury again??) I dont think either one is bad for you but i would rather have Clemens based on his career and that hitters wont know how nasty he is. Don't be surprised to see Livan shipped out before the trade deadline if the Expos are out of playoff contention, which could raise his stock even more.
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Postby AcidRock23 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:17 pm

Jack-In-A-Box wrote:I dont think he'll hurt your team at all though either

I'm thinking that he may have some trouble w/ W this year as the Expos are looking kind of tepid...I have him on my team too though. I am certainly glad this got started as there's not been too much news on him during the spring. As an 'old guy' and huge Prior fan, I'd have to say 'no news is good news'!!
AcidRock23
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterEagle Eye

Return to Baseball Leftovers