Experienced and looking for a league. - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Classifieds

Experienced and looking for a league.

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Experienced and looking for a league.

Postby Michael Jack- » Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:02 pm

Been playing fantasy for many years in base/basket and football. Just started a roto league with some real competitive owners but looking for a little side project- Open to many different types of leagues so I won't list that just will post the leagues I am not looking for. AL or NL only, over 12. Have to be honest the whole keeper thing is not my forte. It's always promised but disbands in about 1-3. Having said that with the right league I am open to it. Anything played on Yahoo. Anything for money without leaguesafe. Anything over $150, leagues with LM's who just try to fill the spots and not care about the experience, or a league with an LM that has not run many leagues before,crazy out of the box settings, leagues filled with teenagers- Think that is enough.for now.

I will post one type of league I am seriously interested in. Never did the whole Live(actual 12 people in a room) drafting in either a hotel or bar and would really like to be part of that. I live in Brooklyn NY and have no problem traveling to Long Island, Queens or Manhattan for a draft.

Please PM me to discuss any serious inquiries.

Thanks and good luck to everyone this fantasy season.
Michael Jack-
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Experienced and looking for a league.

Postby tappy4 » Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:07 pm

Hey check out these settings. Mine is a $50 leaguesafe on yahoo. 175 move limit including playoffs (gives you room to make moves, but you still have to be sparing). My categories might be too out of the box for you but they all serve a purpose. No lame fielding percentage. Triples are the biggest question mark. But it's a fun league. Half of us are legit, informed players. 12 team. If interested, email at tappy4@hotmail.
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL
Batters Stat Categories: Runs (R), Hits (H), Doubles (2B), Triples (3B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)
Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Walk Ratio (K/BB), Strikeouts per Nine Innings (K/9), Quality Starts (QS). P.S. 33 inning minimum for pitchers. I've been commish since 07 and have fine tuned this league to these settings. -Tim
tappy4
T-Ball Trainer

Postby bigmck » Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:30 am

One guy had to quit my league which was full and I am trying to replace him. ==
It is 16 teams H2H Each Category with the normal 5X5 and a fee of $25 each. It will be a yearly league with no Keepers and daily transactions. The Draft will be Monday, March 26 at 9 PM ET on ESPN. If you have interest, give me an email at bigmck@sbcglobal.net and check the league link http://games.espn.go.com/flb/leagueoffice?leagueId=1998

Thanks,

Jim
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 58)

Postby GaryMac » Tue Feb 28, 2012 8:02 pm

Moneyball Fantasy Baseball

Scoring
(adapted to run production and prevention as much as the available stats will allow)
Hitting = 1 point per base.
Pitching = 3.6 points per IP and –1 point for each base given away
Exact stats in use found at: http://www1.fantrax.com/fantasy/leagueR ... 67gyyw4yoa

Standings
A team’s weekly score is put head-to-head against all other teams in the league, every week.
Weekly match-ups run Monday to Sunday with certain match-ups getting extended (start and end of season, etc.)

Rosters
Each team controls a minimum 24 and maximum 40 players
Active slots must have a player in them every day, though you can put a player who has the day off in an active slot.
There is one active slot for each fielding position, 1 for a DH, and you have the choice of 3 or 4 active pitchers per day.

Minor league eligibility
Teams can have up to 16 players on the minor roster.
These players don’t count toward the salary cap, but count toward the 40-man roster.
Players qualify for minors if they are not on an MLB roster in real life, or if they’re under 30 yrs old and have less than 50 career games played. **This will be changed to the real MLB rule of under 130 AB or 30 IP once the website options become available**
If you legally put a player in the minors during a time when they are eligible, you are allowed to keep them there as long as you wish… even if they no longer qualify in real life.

Disabled list
While players are on the real-life DL, they qualify to be put on your team’s DL. Once they’re on your DL, you can keep them there as long as you like, even if they come off the real-life DL.
DL players don’t count toward the salary cap, but count toward the 40-man roster.

Position eligibility
If a player plays at least 1 inning at position during this season or last, then he qualifies for that position on your roster.

Playing time maximums
For every head-to-head match-up period;
- Teams can bat to a maximum of 162 outs.
- Teams can pitch to a maximum of 6 starts or 54 innings whichever comes first.

On the day a limit is reached, all stats will continue to count for the rest of the day.
Batting and pitching limits are separate from each other.
Keepers
Keepers need to be marked 27 days before opening day. (March 1st for 2012)
Teams have the option to keep players still under contract or drop them without penalty.
Players who have finished their contracts cannot be marked as keepers.
Keeper deadline is the last chance to drop players until after the draft.

Draft
Players who were not marked as keepers and players who were not on teams at the end of the previous season are eligible to be drafted.
Following the keeper deadline, the computer will re-calculate salaries for available players. The exact methodology for salary calculation is not published by the website, but is said to factor in at least a couple of the previous season’s statistics and was originally weighted to have the salary of our highest paid player match the salary of MLB’s highest paid player.
The draft will start 7 days after the keeper deadline. (March 8th for 2012)
Draft order is last year’s standings in a last-to-first order every round.
Draft will go as long as it takes each team to get back up to 40 players.
Once your team reaches 40 players your draft ends and others continue.
The draft will start by giving everyone up to 12 hours to log on and make a pick.
This time frame will be adjusted if needed, so that the draft takes no longer than 10 days.
The website sends you an e-mail when it’s your turn and also allows you to make a wish list ahead of time that can make your pick for you.
Players who are drafted get the listed salary on a contract that lasts up to 6 years.
When the draft ends, un-drafted players start on waivers.

Waivers
Un-drafted players start on waivers, and released players go through waivers as well.
Waivers last 2 days.
Waiver claims can be made with preference given to the team lowest in the current standings.
Players claimed on waivers continue on with their listed contract value and length.

Free Agents
Dropped players who pass through the draft and/or waivers become free agents.
Free agents are eligible to be bid on and won daily.
The highest bidder at 3am each day wins the player with the tie-breaker favouring the lower team in the standings.
The winning bid becomes that player’s salary and the contract lasts for that season plus the next.
A player who doesn’t get bid on by anyone continues on as a free agent the next day.
Teams are only allowed to spend up to $198 per year on winning free agent bids, so while there is no penalty for releasing a player before the end of his contract, there are restraints on acquiring new ones.
Drafting and waiver claims don’t affect this Free Agent Acquisition Budget.

Salaries and the cap
The standard team salary cap is $178 in imaginary money.
Minimum player salary is 41 cents and goes up in increments of 1 cent.
Owners have the option of paying $20 in real money to have a $198 cap.
Owners can pay the $20 at any point during the year and once they do, money stays in the prize pool even if the team doesn’t use the extra cap space.
A salary cap will only be increased after the commissioner receives the payment.
All the money collected becomes the prize for the league champion.
This prize is awarded whether the champ paid into it or not.
The 2011 prize was $160.00

All settings found at:
http://www1.fantrax.com/fantasy/leagueR ... 67gyyw4yoa

gmac@cogeco.ca
GaryMac
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 8)

Return to Classifieds