Braun's NEW Fantasy Value... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Braun's NEW Fantasy Value...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Braun's NEW Fantasy Value...

Postby Bronson » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:41 pm

Obviously Braun jumps back into the first round with the news of his 50 game suspension being squashed. But here's another thought...

It's no secret that players in "contract years" routinely have their best or most productive year. How about the idea that this upcoming season could be a "contract year" type year for Braun. Hear me out...

Braun now joins the endless lists of players with questionable PED use, and he still adamantly denies it. Any dramatic decline in numbers THIS year will only support the claim that he juiced his MVP year and now that he got caught (or almost caught) he's no longer on the juice. Any thoughts on Braun having a "contract year" type of year, in order to salvage his reputation?
I SWEAR IT !!!
Bronson
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Braun's NEW Fantasy Value...

Postby Pogotheostrich » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:50 pm

Contract year is a myth.
Pogotheostrich
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:52 pm

#1- contract years are a myth
#2- Braun is already top 5 (i personally have him #1 overall), hard to bump him up any more than that based on assumptions about how he might respond.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 454)

Postby goldtop » Fri Feb 24, 2012 5:56 pm

If Braun has a down year believers will say too many media distractions and Fielders absence was bigger then projected. As always haters gonna hate.
It wouldn't surprise me to see him press some in April.
goldtop
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 20)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:26 pm

No Fielder, increased scrutiny and most importantly, now off the juice. He's going to disappoint and/or get injured.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Tavish » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:27 pm

goldtop wrote:If Braun has a down year believers will say too many media distractions and Fielders absence was bigger then projected. As always haters gonna hate.

I would be willing to bet that there is a completely different reason haters would point to if Braun has a down season this year... O:-)

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 34)

Postby Ender » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:30 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:No Fielder, increased scrutiny and most importantly, now off the juice. He's going to disappoint and/or get injured.

It is absurd to believe his career has been built on steroids at this point. I can see thinking he took them short term for an injury or something but any belief that he is going to have some major let down just shows no logical thought process at all. I can buy him being more injury prone if he was using steroids to get back from his injuries faster but no way you can expect a flat loss of stats given how often he has been tested.
Last edited by Ender on Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby Element » Fri Feb 24, 2012 7:37 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:No Fielder, increased scrutiny and most importantly, now off the juice. He's going to disappoint and/or get injured.

Those two points are the most important to me. I do think that the loss of Fielder will impact him the greatest. All in all, he's still a top 5 player to me. I would personally take him #3 overall behind MCab and Pujols. He's right there with Kemp. I would prefer Braun because he has been the more consistent player.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 791)

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:54 pm

Ender wrote:

It is absurd to believe his career has been built on steroids at this point. I can see thinking he took them short term for an injury or something but any belief that he is going to have some major let down just shows no logical thought process at all. I can buy him being more injury prone if he was using steroids to get back from his injuries faster but no way you can expect a flat loss of stats given how often he has been tested.

His career has been built on steroids?
No.
Major let down?
No.
Steroids are, however, performance enhancing. I believe that he juiced and that now that he is off the juice he will disappoint in comparison to what you expect from a top-5 pick and/or he will get injured.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 281)

Postby Bronson » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:35 am

Ender wrote:
I can buy him being more injury prone if he was using steroids to get back from his injuries faster

Huh?
I SWEAR IT !!!
Bronson
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Next

Return to Baseball Leftovers