Pick 6 keepers... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pick 6 keepers...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Pick 6 keepers...

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:09 am

5x5 Roto, 10 team, 13/9 (2C) lineups. We keep 6 and can keep them as long as we like.

Choices:
No brainers: Kershaw, Weaver and Pedroia.

Pick another 3 from among the following: Uggla, Wright, Crawford, As. Cabrera, Berkman, Pineda.

Leaning towards the obvious of Uggla, Wright and Crawford. Been trying to unload Wright + one of the others for an upgrade but no luck. Very trade hostile league in general so I am not optimistic in working out any deal.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 516)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Pick 6 keepers...

Postby GiantsFan14 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:14 am

SecretAgentMan wrote:5x5 Roto, 10 team, 13/9 (2C) lineups. We keep 6 and can keep them as long as we like.

Choices:

Pick another 3 from among the following: Uggla ;-D , Wright ;-D , Crawford ;-D , As. Cabrera, Berkman, Pineda.

Leaning towards the obvious of Uggla, Wright and Crawford. Been trying to unload Wright + one of the others for an upgrade but no luck. Very trade hostile league in general so I am not optimistic in working out any deal.

Those three are on a different level than the others imo.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 851)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:23 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:
SecretAgentMan wrote:5x5 Roto, 10 team, 13/9 (2C) lineups. We keep 6 and can keep them as long as we like.

Choices:

Pick another 3 from among the following: Uggla ;-D , Wright ;-D , Crawford ;-D , As. Cabrera, Berkman, Pineda.

Those three are on a different level than the others imo.

Yeah...I am just not happy with keeping both Wright and Crawford again. Really got burned last season in thi s league. Don't see much of a choice myself though unless a deal can be worked out by some miracle.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:26 am

I'd go with the obvious choices (Uggla, Wright, Crawford).

Why are you trying to unload Wright? I'd look to unload Uggla then Crawford if that were my team. Just my 2c..
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 202)

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:57 am

CyboNinja wrote:I'd go with the obvious choices (Uggla, Wright, Crawford).

Why are you trying to unload Wright? I'd look to unload Uggla then Crawford if that were my team. Just my 2c..

Uggla had a good 2nd half and always provides pop. I think he is a safe return if not the most valuable of the 3 potentially. Besides, in a 10 team league keeping 6, his value as a keeper is borderline and it is harder to entice people to make a deal with a guy that is a round 5-6 pick.

Crawford is a mystery, but it is hard to imagine a guy that has performed for years in the AL East and with a team that contended all of a sudden pulling an Ed Whitson\Kenny Rogers. Crawford's value is at an all time low now so what you can get in return is questionable. I have seen him go in the round 8-12 range in some drafts, so I do not think you can really get anyhting close to what he is capable of giving you in return.

Wright on the other hand is now on a really bad team with a really bad lineup (now has no Beltran or Reyes). Yeah they are pulling in the walls, but his power was garbage on the road as well and he is slowing down on the base pads some...his K rate is up too. I could be wrong but people are paying round 3 prices for this guy still. Seems like the most logical guy to sell among the 3 as I should be able to get an equivalent player back and let someone else deal with the risk he brings.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby squeezycook » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:46 am

Crawford is not even starting the season...Im kind of so-so on him as the season approaches. Uggla has been putting up great numbers but how long will that last? I love A.Cabrera...I would keep him over Uggla or Crawford, but that is unconventional. Wright is a no brainer too in my opinion.
squeezycook Beginner
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby kidsilk » Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:58 am

I would keep the obvious 3 like others have said, Uggla, Crawford, Wright. But I would try and move Wright. He has the biggest name of the 3 and people are looking for big things from him this year but I just don't buy it. He has always been overrated in my opiinion and there are a handful of 3rd baseman I'd rather have on my team. But like someone else said he is still being drafted in the top3 rounds....ouch. So, you could get a couple of nice pieces back for him
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1355)

Postby pizzaboy76 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 10:47 am

I would definitely keep Wright and Crawford.

Uggla can give you 30 HR, but his BA will kill you and you have Pedroia at 2B already.

Cabrera is solid at a weak position, but I don't think he duplicates last year more like 15/15.

Berkman still has plenty of pop and can hit for avg, but his age and injury history scare me.

Pineda is elite, but might have innings cap this year. But you already are keeping 2 SP's.

Do you start another IF? If not don't keep Uggla. I would actually consider Pinda and then you can focus on hitting in the draft.

Please help; viewtopic.php?f=26&t=439812
pizzaboy76
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 39)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions