100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

trade analysis

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

trade analysis

Postby cadan24 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 12:57 am

12 team keeper league....

i have beltre and zimmerman....

someone has offered me Mauer and Youkilis for Zimmerman...I also have Weiters and Ryan Howard, but he could miss a month or more...if everyone played to potential Youkilis and Zimmerman could have similar numbers...Thoughts?
cadan24
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: trade analysis

Postby jtsandwich » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:01 am

I'm ok with it if your keepers are not for more than 1-2 yrs. Youk is getting old and with 3-5 yr keeper value, I might pass. Mauer is never going to hit 20 again with Trget Field being home. That park holds the ball in when hit to the gaps!
jtsandwich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 104)

Postby cadan24 » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:04 am

you can keep them forever if you want, so age is a factor...im starting to think if i trade zimmerman it should be for a top SP, MI or OF...but with the lack of depth maybe i just play beltre at 3B and Zim at UTIL
cadan24
T-Ball Trainer

Postby SecretAgentMan » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:32 am

I would pass. Youkilis is OK but his injuries the past year+ are a concern as he is not getting any younger. And I am not a fan of Mauer who is WAY, WAY over-hyped historically and came crashing down to earth in a big way. Catchers are bad keepers in general imo. They do not hit enough, do not get enough ABs and get hurt too much. The days of Mike Piazza smashing 40 Hrs out of the C slot are gone. It is just not worth paying a lot for a guy that hits for avg, scores a few runs, hits single digit HRs and steals. Mauer has 13 or less Hrs in every pro season save for his one big year. Just not worth it for what amounts to a 1 or 2 category player.
SecretAgentMan
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 830)

Postby CyboNinja » Fri Feb 24, 2012 2:19 am

How many keepers do you get? Do you need to trade down one of your keepers with a 2 for 1 (ie Youk and Mauer for Zimm)? I think you can get more for Zimm and certainly do something that makes more sense for your team considering you already own Beltre. Most likely pass unless you're desperate to add keepers.
CyboNinja
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 96)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions