12 team league, 3-year keeper, weekly lineup H2H, each category worth a win
6x6: BA, R, HR, RBI, SB, KO-BB; W, L, S+HD, ERA, WHIP, K
C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, (4) OF, DH; (4) SP, (2) RP, (1) P; (9) BENCH
We can keep one player in our top 5 rounds and 10 players overall.
I currently plan on keeping:
Nellie - 5th rd, last year
Wainwright - 11th rd, 9th, 7th
Luebke - 15th rd, 13th, 11th
Storen - 16th rd, 14th, 12th
Stanton - 17th rd, 15th
Matt Moore - 18th rd, 16th, 14th
Papi - 19th, 17th
Colby - 20th, 18th
Hosmer - 21st, 19th, 17th
Lawrie - 22nd, 20th, 18th
I can also keep Gonzo in the 1st if I don't keep one of the above, probably Papi.
I also have Walden, Yonder, and Jarrod Parker who would be in the 16th round range.
I have the 8th option to pick for where I draft. I'm figuring I'll have the choices of 7th-11th, with only one owner moving to the back of the draft (he'll keep Miggy and move to 12). If I draft 7th overall my 2nd round pick will be the 16th pick of the draft (due to keepers)...if I move to 11th I'll be picking 10th and 12th (again, due to keepers).
Best players that should be available: Pujols, Votto, Longo, Prince, Adrian, Kinsler, Reyes, Hanley, Cargo, Halladay, Pedroia, Kershaw, Lee, Wright, Lincecum, Felix, and Hamilton.
What move you do:
1) Take 7th (and 16th) with same keepers I list.
2) Take 11th slot, 10th and 12th overall picks, with keepers I list...not sure a player I'd target will fall to 7 (and Hanley carries risk) so why not move back?
3) Keep Adrian, move down to 11th slot to improve 2nd round pick.
4) Trade for Votto (owner can't keep him due to another keeper), using Papi and Yonder or Parker as bait, move down to 11th.
5) Trade for Hanley (can't keep), using same bait as above, move down to 11th.
Finally, can I go to war with Hosmer as my starting 1B and win given my keepers? Margin for error is small...but doing this would free me to try and get Hanley at SS and Ped at 2B in 1st 2 rounds or even potentially go pitching with Halladay and/or Kershaw. We only have to start 4 SP so locking down two aces with Waino and Moore at the back end and then throwing 3 RP to secure S+HD could be a winning combo.
Sorry for the long post, but any philosophy is appreciated as I think I have a lot of routes to explore and I'm turning in circles.