Big Trade (CarGo), Any Advice? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Big Trade (CarGo), Any Advice?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Big Trade (CarGo), Any Advice?

Postby studepaber » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:09 am

In a H2H 6X6 keeper league...

I've got CarGo on my team for $8 and 2 years left in his contract (which I can extend when it's done for a price). Another team is super interested in him and is willing to give up Bautista ($30 2 years left) but also wants pitching. I was thinking CarGo and Kennedy for his Bautista and Beachy (Kennedy's an upgrade for him IMO) and he will also need to throw in $17 so I have the cap space for Bautista.

Any thoughts on this one? I think CarGo has a sweet deal and I could have him for several years for cheap, although Bautista is likely to put up the better numbers.
studepaber
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 30)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Big Trade (CarGo), Any Advice?

Postby Element » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:24 am

I would much rather have Cargo at that cost. I'd pass.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 713)

Postby MashinSpuds » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:25 am

I say stick with Gonzalez and spend your money elsewhere. If money wasn't involved the deal should be done, but even if the other guys throws money at you to help this year that still means you have to cough up $22 more dollars next year than you would for Gonzalez. Stick with what you have.

By the way, any money/contract information regarding the pitchers being exchanged?
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby kidsilk » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:28 am

I love me some Beachy but CarGO is tooooo good not to keep at 8 bucks. Stay put.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=439726
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)

Postby studepaber » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:48 am

MashinSpuds wrote:I say stick with Gonzalez and spend your money elsewhere. If money wasn't involved the deal should be done, but even if the other guys throws money at you to help this year that still means you have to cough up $22 more dollars next year than you would for Gonzalez. Stick with what you have.

By the way, any money/contract information regarding the pitchers being exchanged?

Kennedy is $19 with 3 years, Beachy is $14 and the years have yet to be decided, also CarGo would go up to $10 next year but that's still $20 difference.

EDIT: Decided not to go through with the trade, my inclination was not to do it, just wanted advice from you all. Thanks :-)
studepaber
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 30)

Postby silverZ » Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:06 pm

As much as I love Bautista, I think you have to stick with CarGo. You need to have an under priced stud or two to win a league like that. CarGo + $20 at auction is worth more to me than $30 Joey Bats.
Here's the pitch on the way, a swing and a belt! Left field! Way back! BLUE JAYS WIN!
silverZ
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 73)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions