CBS vs. Fantrax? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS vs. Fantrax?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: CBS vs. Fantrax?

Postby mkultra » Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:31 pm

We ditched CBS this year, and are going with OnRoto. Yeah, the UI's pretty simple, and you don't have the wealth of historical stat data that CBS gives you, but the features are amazing and their support is really responsive.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby batboyslim » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:15 am

I use Fantrax for baseball as well as all sports. I'm not big in customizing different stat categories, but Fantrax has every option under the sun. They also have a great baseball salary cap game that I'm sure you guys would like based on the feedback I see here. I've already created 3 teams.
batboyslim
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bigmck » Tue Feb 28, 2012 3:01 pm

batboyslim wrote:I use Fantrax for baseball as well as all sports. I'm not big in customizing different stat categories, but Fantrax has every option under the sun. They also have a great baseball salary cap game that I'm sure you guys would like based on the feedback I see here. I've already created 3 teams.

Does Fantrax allow a league to use the FAAB to only bid on active players in MLB and locks out Minor Leaguers? That is one feature our league would like. Right now in CBS we have to all be aware of this and we have problems of Owners bidding on Minor Leaguers who have not been called up to the Majors yet.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 61)

Postby broomulack » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:43 pm

bigmck wrote:Be nice == There are 26 weeks in the MLB season. ESPN's "weeks" are not always seven days. The All-Star week is is the four days they play plus the next week on ESPN. The same thing is true of the last week. It is a 10 day week. ESPN just divides the season 24 ways and MLB divides it 26 ways, but they both cover the whole season.

See, now that makes sense. Much appreciated, I stand corrected.
broomulack
College Coach
College Coach

Postby batboyslim » Tue Feb 28, 2012 7:26 pm

bigmck wrote:
batboyslim wrote:I use Fantrax for baseball as well as all sports. I'm not big in customizing different stat categories, but Fantrax has every option under the sun. They also have a great baseball salary cap game that I'm sure you guys would like based on the feedback I see here. I've already created 3 teams.

Does Fantrax allow a league to use the FAAB to only bid on active players in MLB and locks out Minor Leaguers? That is one feature our league would like. Right now in CBS we have to all be aware of this and we have problems of Owners bidding on Minor Leaguers who have not been called up to the Majors yet.

Sort of. There isn't a way to lock out minor leaguers, but there is a way to lock out everyone who is not associated with an MLB team. Sorry for the delay, I had to ask my commissioner. He has nothing, but praise with the options that Fantrax allows him.
batboyslim
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby mkultra » Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:31 am

I've been playing around with Fantrax, and I have to say I really like it. Though there's one thing that bugs me- the options for waiver priority seem limited to (a) random or (b) by reverse order of standings at the time.

Every league I've ever played in has had a waiver priority list set at the beginning of the season, and your spot doesn't change unless someone above you claims a player (you move up) or you claim a player (you drop to the bottom). Is this not available in Fantrax? That seems so basic.
mkultra
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 41)

Postby batboyslim » Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:32 pm

mkultra wrote:I've been playing around with Fantrax, and I have to say I really like it. Though there's one thing that bugs me- the options for waiver priority seem limited to (a) random or (b) by reverse order of standings at the time.

Every league I've ever played in has had a waiver priority list set at the beginning of the season, and your spot doesn't change unless someone above you claims a player (you move up) or you claim a player (you drop to the bottom). Is this not available in Fantrax? That seems so basic.

That must just be how your commissioner has the league set up. Our league now has the way you mentioned. I asked our commissioner how he did it and he said he went to Commissioner, League Setup, Transactions. Then there is a box on the bottom to check "Rotate Waiver Wire Claim Order After Each Claim." Then you're set.

I just signed up for the Baseball Rookie Salary Cap game over there too. I wanted to do the Gold, where I could win $100,000, but I'm pretty new to Salary Cap and don't want to pay per transaction. There's only 3 people in my league now. You guys should join.
batboyslim
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner