A little help with keepers? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

A little help with keepers?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

A little help with keepers?

Postby Jfish357 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:42 am

Long-time 9 team NL only 23/260 (2C, 5OF) 5x5 w/significant inflation. Can keep 11. Expiring contract guys can be kept this year at current salary, or kept for additional years at +$5 per year, effective immediately. EG I have Mike Stanton for $15, I can keep him for this year AND next if I raise him to $20 for this season too. If I mention a bump player is in last year. I probalby have one of the two best keeper teams this year.

My keepers
Ramos 3, Bruce 24, Stanton 15 (bump to 20), Freese (bump to 6), Starlin Castro (bump to 10) - 5 for 63
Kershaw 32, Wainwright 9, Strasburg 8, Madson 10 - 4 for 59
I'll have this whole nucleus for this year and next If I do the bumps mentioned above.

Leaves me 2 out of Furcal $1, Mayberry $5, Wolf $2, Marcum $22, Lilly 16. I'm currently ranking them Wolf, Furcal, Mayberry, Lilly,Marcum. We require 1 game current year eligibility and our draft will be around the 15th so Mayberry should have 1b/of, Hanley will be ss/3b eligible. Heck, Freese may even get 1b by that point.

Hitting is thin, Howard/Goldschmidt?/Wright/Hanley/McCutcheon/Panda/Aramis/Ethier/Cuddyer likely best available. I plan to buy two of the above.

Pitching is much better with alot of mid-upper guys available like Marcum/Lilly/Hanson/AJ?/D Hudson/T Hudson/Baumgarner/Lincecum/Cueto/Grienke/Cain/Carpenter/Wandy, so I'm not as worried about replacing Lilly and Marcum.

I'd appreciate some advice. Am I on the right track? If Furcal even worth $1?
Jfish357
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team