Best guy to trade BEFORE the season starts - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Best guy to trade BEFORE the season starts

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Postby thetongueofire » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:43 pm

Leiter Fan wrote:I would put Dontrelle Willis on the trading block if you can.

So many people are so hyped up about him, that they don't even realize that his post-All Star Game numbers last year actually blew chunks. There is a reason he wasn't even in the postseason rotation. But for some reason, he keeps getting drafted ahead of much better pitchers this year.

id be cautious with Willis this year too and also get rid of Kevin Brown while people still think that hes an elite pitcher.
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Amazinz » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:25 pm

thetongueofire wrote:id be cautious with Willis this year too and also get rid of Kevin Brown while people still think that hes an elite pitcher.

Yea only problem with that is Brown will be an elite pitcher this year and you'll probably get shafted on that deal. :-b
Amazinz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby me » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:31 pm

But last year, if you only consider his away games, he hit .280, with 30 HR, 80 R, and 80 RBI.

uhh, i dont think so...
me

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Freebird27 » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:38 pm

I actually just accepted a trade FOR Kaz. Clemens/Nathan/A Everett for Kaz/Harden/ Koch

I traded away Renteria earlier for Vazquez so I needed a good SS. Kaz has to be allowed a bit of an adjustment period..but I think he will turn into a great Fantasy SS....he's got great wheels and a bit of pop.
Freebird27
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby doc watson » Wed Mar 31, 2004 7:53 pm

I'm trying to trade away Palmeiro while people can still stare at his 38 HRs and 112 RBI...
doc watson
College Coach
College Coach

Postby thetongueofire » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:28 pm

Amazinz wrote:
thetongueofire wrote:id be cautious with Willis this year too and also get rid of Kevin Brown while people still think that hes an elite pitcher.

Yea only problem with that is Brown will be an elite pitcher this year and you'll probably get shafted on that deal. :-b

dont sweat it bro, we'll find out pretty soon if hes still an elite pitcher. anyways i dont have to worry about trading him and getting shafted too much cos i didn't draft him on any of my teams :-o . but it was pretty funny seeing him drafted before guys like Oswalt and even RJ, Schilling and Wood a few times in some of my leagues (of course im not taking any of those leagues too seriously ;-7 ).
[size=10]Manny Ramirez....$20 million
Pedro Martinez....$17.5 million
Curt Schilling...$12 million (and a $2 million bonus)
Never hearing a Yankee fan chant 1918 again...priceless. [/size]
thetongueofire
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers