E. Jackson being sent down to the minors? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

E. Jackson being sent down to the minors?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

E. Jackson being sent down to the minors?

Postby bunbury » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:24 pm

can anyone verify this? I cant seem to get additional info...heard it through a local posting forum? Does this make Lima or Alvarez the front runner for the 5th spot in the Dodger rotation????
bunbury Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby KPucks » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:47 pm

There are already like 10 threads on this. Use the Search function.
KPucks
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bunbury » Wed Mar 31, 2004 6:52 pm

c'mon man...i dont need a smart ass answer. This is breaking news. Jackson was on the bubble after not recording one out on monday. This means that I can pick up either Lima or Alvarez, both of whom are having great springs, should this information be acurate. Anybody have any additional info? Want to grab one of these two off of the waiver wire. it will mean dropping somebody so I want to make sure Jackson will begin in the minors.
bunbury Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:39 pm

His response isn't a smart ass answer -- anymore than yours is a useless post taking up room.

Like he said, use the other threads. Not too difficult to ask IMO.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby bunbury » Wed Mar 31, 2004 9:21 pm

guys, maybe its me but how can I run a search on something that I believe was just anounced? Im sure the myriads of people on this forum who have Jackson on their squad would like to know as well. Why keep a guy on the team who is in the minors when they can pick up somebody off of the WW?

thanks for calling my post a waste of space; just trying to improve my team and help others out. like i said, i originally heard that Jackson will start the year in AAA, but wanted to confirm if anybody else had heard this. Im ready to drop EJ for another SP.
bunbury Beginner
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby accohen » Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:31 pm

Listen. Nobody is trying to be a smartass. If you hit search and type in "Alvarez", you will see there was a whole thread on this VERY TOPIC just MONDAY. This is NOT Breaking News. Anybody who has been following this board or read articles at MLB.com over the last 2 weeks have actually been following this story. For what it is worth, the last article at MLB.com has Tracy still sticking with Jackson as his number 5.....for today. He still plans on using Lima in long relief and Alvarez as a spot starter.......for the immediate present. Anything can change, and Tracy might change his mind tomorrow.
accohen
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Baseball Leftovers