Keeper Question, Due Tomorrow, Please Help - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Keeper Question, Due Tomorrow, Please Help

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Keeper Question, Due Tomorrow, Please Help

Postby raiders_umpire » Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:01 am

Stanton
McCutchen
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fookie006 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 11:39 am

does anyone have any reserves about stanton not living up to potential or is it pretty much guaranteed? i think that wright and mccutchen have about the same amount of potential, its just the 3B eligibility that makes wright so intriguing.
fookie006
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MaudDib » Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:40 pm

fookie006 wrote:does anyone have any reserves about stanton not living up to potential or is it pretty much guaranteed? i think that wright and mccutchen have about the same amount of potential, its just the 3B eligibility that makes wright so intriguing.

Yes there is reservations which is why Wright is ranked higher and drafted ahead of Stanton. I like Stanton and I think he will be a top 10 OF at some point but there is always the chance that Stanton turns into an Adam Dunn type player. If you look at Dunn's numbers during his heyday and then Stanton of last year, they are awfully similar and Dunn was never a highly drafted player. Again I think Stanton will be better but we don't actually know.

We also don't know how Wright will do this year but I think we have a better idea of how good Wright will be. Add in the fact that the fences are moving in and he plays a somewhat shallower position, I would take Wright. It is very close though.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby fookie006 » Sun Feb 19, 2012 1:00 pm

yeah, the more i think about it the more i think wright could be expendable.

i think stanton and miggy are locks. miggy is obvious, and stanton has so much potential with his power and that new look marlins lineup.

its basically between cutch and wright. cutch has 30/30 POTENTIAL but wright has done it before, but its been 4+ years ago. ive always had an infatuation with wright, but mccutchen could be the next matt kemp!
fookie006
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions