Need help to close the skill-gap in keeper league - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Need help to close the skill-gap in keeper league

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Need help to close the skill-gap in keeper league

Postby bigmck » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:49 am

LARS929 wrote:I like all the help I've gotten here, a lot of what I am hearing is accurate about how the way the league was set up it was bound to happen. Switching to some sort of auction wouldn't work at this point, nor would adding limits really right now without a full reset, which is what we want to avoid.

I put a vote to the league what they wanted to do, and mind you, I am one of the strong teams so I in theory would be one who wouldn't want change. But the vote turned out that the league likes how it is, but they want to lower keepers for one season. So in 2013 we will cut down to 4 keepers, then go back to 8 in 2014. This will bring everyone closer, but still give merit to those who have the best keepers. I pushed to cut down to 2 keepers for a year, but it was shot down saying that took away the keeper aspect too much.

You can't do a vote on this. There are only a few teams at the bottom that are hurting. WIth a vote they will never be in the majority. This has to be changed for the better of the league. Reducing Keepers for one year is not going to do anything. If truly the teams at the bottom need help, you need to explain to your league that there has to be a limit on Keepers. Have a one time reduction in Keepers this year and make all Keepers in the last year of their contract. Next year everyone will be on an even playing field with the Keepers having a three year limit. It will only hurt for one year. Good luck.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LARS929 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:08 am

Well we can vote for a few reasons, first being I know the guys in the league, they are all for the good of the league. Second being the two guys who brought up the idea for change were the two dominant teams, myself and my best friend. Third, there are 8 teams that are suffering and two dominating, so really the bad teams are in the minority...

I don't understand how there HAS to be a limit on keepers...yes it hasn't worked out, but if teams don't make dumb moves and other teams make great moves it won't happen.
LARS929
College Coach
College Coach

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sat Feb 25, 2012 3:17 am

LARS929 wrote:but if teams don't make dumb moves and other teams make great moves it won't happen.

Isn't that what got you into this situation in the first place? :-?
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby bigmck » Sat Feb 25, 2012 8:49 am

LARS929 wrote: I don't understand how there HAS to be a limit on keepers...yes it hasn't worked out, but if teams don't make dumb moves and other teams make great moves it won't happen.

In order to make a league fair and fun for everyone, you have to have a chance at ALL the players. If the top five teams each have eight of the best keepers that is the top 40 that are gone. If there is a limit on how long you can keep them then then the guys on the bottom have a chance to get some of the top 40. The way your league is set up, the guys on the bottom will NEVER have a chance to get the top 40. That is why your league keeps having the same guys winning each year. You have the best players and you can keep them forever. Each of the replies have told you the same thing, yet you still don't seem to understand. Your league will soon fold. No one wants to arrive at the draft and know that they can't win this year. That is how your league is setup. The league I run is in its 17th season. I know what I am talking about.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner