Mock Auction Kickoff at 12:50 today!! :) - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Leftovers League

Mock Auction Kickoff at 12:50 today!! :)

Moderator: rotoquest

Re: Mock Auction Kickoff at 12:50 today!! :)

Postby TheRock » Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:09 pm

I closed the poll on catchers, seems pretty clear we want to stick with one. I'll leave the auction poll open another day or two, if you didn't get signed up for that, stop over at couchmanagers and check it out. I kinda like the interface, and that seems like it would work for us. But unless we see 3 people change their minds we're likely doing a normal draft. Which will also happen at couchmanagers, so if youse guys aren't registered over there go ahead and sign up. Once we get rolling we'll knock it out in 2 weeks or so. So I'm not really in a hurry but we usually have people chomping at the bit this time of year.

No word from any of our MIA owners. Sad to not have emb0lus, he was a founding member. :-/ Any of you guys have someone you could recommend?
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby oscar15 » Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:19 pm

Oscar is the leader, he'll have to tell us what else is available for options. At this point we would need every team nominating a player every day it looks like.[/quote]

Uh, I'm simply a facilitator. Leadership requires responsible behavior which in not a personality trait I possess.

I have not played around with the auction application very much. I intended for each team to nominate one player to start off and increase it to two players per person after that.

The person that wins the bid gets to nominate the next player.

Rock, I will gladly make any changes you suggest provided it is an option. I have noticed that it allows me to make changes on the run.

I prefer a shorter clock (12 hours). If you can't check at least once every 12 hours you shouldn't be drafting.
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 21)

Postby TheRock » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:23 pm

Nah, don't worry about it oscar. Mostly I think we wanted to see how the tool worked and if it might work for our draft. I think it would, but the votes didn't budge. So a traditional draft it is. I'll get us one more warm body and we can get rolling. Some of you guys are worrying me because I can tell you're not checking in for days at a time. It's baseball time, if you're not spending quite a bit of your free time doing draft prep you're going to get buried. And mostly I don't want to have to wait around for you. :-C

Everyone good to start this weekend? If I don't hear back Ill assume yes. If you don't check in between now and the weekend you deserve to get skipped in round 1. :*)
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby RedBullVodka » Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:52 pm

In some ways it is a shame the auction idea hasn't panned out (not sure what I voted though?). I would be interested in seeing how it worked out.

I'm pretty busy the next few days and at weekend, so a Monday start might be easier for me. But then again I'm drafting in two other leagues so I'll have to log on at some point, no doubt.

Don't we need to get Round 0 sorted first?

I've also posted in my UK H2HWS league for a new guy, just in case you struggle to find someone...
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)

Postby TheRock » Wed Feb 22, 2012 5:07 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:In some ways it is a shame the auction idea hasn't panned out (not sure what I voted though?). I would be interested in seeing how it worked out.

I'm pretty busy the next few days and at weekend, so a Monday start might be easier for me. But then again I'm drafting in two other leagues so I'll have to log on at some point, no doubt.

Don't we need to get Round 0 sorted first?

I've also posted in my UK H2HWS league for a new guy, just in case you struggle to find someone...

Oh, right. Forgot round 0. How long have we been doing this? :-B We'll start that this weekend, no time limits. We'll start the actual draft when we're ready.
TheRock
General Manager
General Manager

Postby oscar15 » Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:08 am

I'm still "test driving" the auction. RBV is riding shotgun. Anybody else still in the car with us? :-)

I have noticed when you place "hidden bids' they still show up as "bids pending" on the money list.

I maximized everybody's nominations and maxed the board to allow for 50 player at once up for auction.

Come on back. Let's see how this baby handles the open road!
If God does not like the way I'm living my life, he can tell me himself.
oscar15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 21)

Previous

Return to Leftovers League