Rate my draft - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Rate my draft

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Rate my draft

Postby bpizle » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:08 pm

Had a date party last night and my mom did my draft. She had no clue how to do this until about an hour and a half when i tutored her. Its a platinum CBS league, and the specifics are listed below. She drafted an excess of OF and 2b and thus i'll probably trade some of the guys on the bench. She got Roy Halliday first round with third pick. Told her to take him because he's been top scorer in fantasy past two years in this league. Let me know whats up guys. Thanks, and WHIR

10 team. h2h. CBS
1B Singles 1 point 2B Doubles 2 points 3B Triples 3 points BB Walks (Batters) 1 point CS Caught Stealing -1 point HP Hit by Pitch 1 point HR Home Runs 4 points KO Strikeouts (Batter) -0.5 points R Runs 1 point RBI Runs Batted In 1 point SB Stolen Bases 2 points
PITCHING: BBI Walks Issued (Pitchers) -1 point ER Earned Runs -1 point HA Hits Allowed -1 point HB Hit Batsmen -1 point INN Innings 3 points K Strikeouts (Pitcher) .5 points L Losses -5 points QS Quality Starts 3 points S Saves 7 points W Wins 7 points
c- Geovany Soto
1b- Prince Fielder
2b- Dustin Ackley
3b- Michael Young
SS- Derek Jeter
OF- Lance Berkman
OF-Alex Gordon
OF- Andrew McCutchen
U- Mark Teixera
BEN-Freddie Freeman
BEN- Kelly Johnson
BEN- Howard Kendrick
BEN- Alexei Ramirez
BEN- Ichiro Susuki

SP- Roy Halliday
SP- Jaime Garcia
SP- Daniel Hudson
SP- Colby Lewis
SP- Wandy Rodriguez
RP- Rafael Betancourt
RP- JJ Putz
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Rate my draft

Postby Tonk78 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:35 pm

Honestly I would say it is so-so. I like Fielder, McCutchen, and Halladay.

There are a lot of guys that I am worried about (Ackley is still very young; Young, Jeter, Berkman, and Ichiro are fighting time and any year they are going to go the way Chipper did a couple years ago. Freeman, Gordon, and Garcia could go either way. Teix has declined over the last few years especially in average.

Best of luck. If all things go well you will have a solid team, but I see a lot of risk on this team.
Tonk78
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Urban Cohorts » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:07 pm

Your mom's team is incredibly weak pitching wise for a 10 team league. The hitting is okay. In a league like this, good SP can get you a lot of points.

bpizle wrote:Had a date party last night and my mom did my draft. She had no clue how to do this until about an hour and a half when i tutored her. Its a platinum CBS league,

This is possibly the greatest thing I have read on the forums... I don't mean this is in a sarcastic way. Priceless ;-D
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MashinSpuds » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:25 pm

"Had a date party last night and my mom did my draft."

I kinda stopped there and called it the best line I've read all week. Too good! :-D
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby MashinSpuds » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:28 pm

Now that I've subsided with the chuckles, I think you will need to get some pitching and fast. Perhaps try to trade a name guy (Jeter, Berkman, Ichiro) to get some sort of arm. You are heavy in first basemen, so Freeman/Tex could easily go. If you could find a taker for Ackley (b/c you have Kendrick) then I would do it ... probably have to throw him in as a package.

You need to make some trades. However, statistics will be solid as it is.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby MaudDib » Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:41 pm

Agree with the others. Your pitching drops off quick after your first three and you have no depth to help you out. I would look to trade one of your 1B for another SP. Your middle infield is also a little week though Ackley and Young could put up above average numbers. In this shallow of a league there should be plenty of stuff on the WW that can help you or replace players if you make a trade.
Urban Cohorts wrote:Your mom's team is incredibly weak pitching wise for a 10 team league. The hitting is okay. In a league like this, good SP can get you a lot of points.

bpizle wrote:Had a date party last night and my mom did my draft. She had no clue how to do this until about an hour and a half when i tutored her. Its a platinum CBS league,

This is possibly the greatest thing I have read on the forums... I don't mean this is in a sarcastic way. Priceless ;-D

This is awesome.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:24 am

c- Geovany Soto
1b- Prince Fielder
2b- Dustin Ackley
3b- Michael Young
SS- Derek Jeter
OF- Lance Berkman
OF-Alex Gordon
OF- Andrew McCutchen
U- Mark Teixera
BEN-Freddie Freeman
BEN- Kelly Johnson
BEN- Howard Kendrick
BEN- Alexei Ramirez
BEN- Ichiro Susuki

I would outright drop kelly johnson.
Package Lewis/Tex/Gordon for stud SP and OF. Shoot for a Justin Upton and maybe Tommy Hanson type of package.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1961)

Postby bpizle » Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:48 pm

Ok thank you guys for your help. Now, the guy who owns Lester and D. Price is interested in Ackley, Suzuki, and Kendrick. But He is short on depth at second and OF. My question to you guys is, help me get either Price or Lester
bpizle
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions