SP Colby Lewis $9
SP Weaver $16
SP Worley $5
RP Santos $5
RP
RP
P
7x Bench

I also have Mesoraco, Teheran, and Jacob Turner, and maybe Tyler Skaggs in the minors that could help this season. Lawrie's spot will need to be filled with a $1 player in the auction due to him still being on my minors roster technically.

As of now, I am keeping $161 worth of players. We can keep up to $180, and our keeper salaries are counted against the $260 cap at auction.

So now that the background info is laid out.....Do I keep Justin Morneau at $5? Its a tough call to me. High possible reward, and not a ton of risk, but I dont want to be too cash-poor at auction to afford a quality OF, SP, and 2 closers.

Right now I am leaning toward keeping him, as the potential for him to outperform his $5 by 20 bucks of value is certainly there. Does anyone agree/disagree? That brain looking like a Denver Omelette is scary.

Also, on a lesser note....is Worley worth $5?

At the end of last season, I grabbed Morneau off the wire as a lotto ticket as a keeper. I won the league, so that worked out well. I am keeping Miggy at $41 and Freeman for $2. I also have Lawrie to call up from my minors to play 3B at no cost when the auction ends and Berkman at $5 who will man an OF spot for me.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Morneau a keeper?

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:18 pm

I wouldn't keep Morneau or Worley at $5
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:44 pm

Since you've already got two quality 1B's in Freeman and Cabrera, it is not vital that you keep Morneau. With the risk he carries, perhaps you should put that $5 elsewhere and let someone else gamble on the guy (even for cheap). Worley is the bubble arm in Philly, and since he had a few good games here and there, I bet you could throw him back and get him again if you saw the opportunity. Again, the more money you can play with the more talent you can get elsewhere.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby Element » Wed Feb 15, 2012 7:51 pm

raiders_umpire wrote:I wouldn't keep Morneau or Worley at $5

;-D
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 789)

Postby Grounded Polo » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:08 pm

Throw Morneau and Worley back. Morneau hasn't played in 2 years, it's just not worth that ride again. Worley will get $5 max in an auction, like go for $3.
Grounded Polo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

Postby sfjb » Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:44 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:Since you've already got two quality 1B's in Freeman and Cabrera, it is not vital that you keep Morneau. With the risk he carries, perhaps you should put that $5 elsewhere and let someone else gamble on the guy (even for cheap). Worley is the bubble arm in Philly, and since he had a few good games here and there, I bet you could throw him back and get him again if you saw the opportunity. Again, the more money you can play with the more talent you can get elsewhere.

These are my thoughts exactly. I'd even go so far as to throw him out early in the draft to either drain $ from others while they have it or get him on the cheap if others shy away. Either way, you're covered with the 1B's you have.

No on Worlock
sfjb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby MaudDib » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Element wrote:
raiders_umpire wrote:I wouldn't keep Morneau or Worley at $5

;-D

Or Boesch. I think you can find similar talent at a similar price at auction.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 381)

Postby ensanimal » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:36 pm

Another no from me. Not needed as you have two 1B already. That $5 can go to better use.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 96)

Postby MadDog36 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 6:59 am

Miggy Cab will be your 3b FYI and Lawrie will be a nice piece for your UTL or bench, however I would keep Morneau at that bargain and definitely throw back Worley.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 2068)

Postby RDD15 » Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:10 am

MadDog36 wrote:Miggy Cab will be your 3b FYI and Lawrie will be a nice piece for your UTL or bench.

Yeah, I realize that. But its 6 of one, half dozen of the other if Cabrera is at third or UTIL and Lawrie is filling the other. For this posts' sake, I made Lawrie the 3b since that is where he will fit in for at least 3 weeks until Cabrera gains eligibility.

I think that I have decided to drop Worley for sure, and right now I am leaning toward keeping Morneau. 5 bucks maybe wasted, but with the money that I am saving elsewhere on this keeper list, I can afford the gamble that Morneau gets halfway back to his old self.
RDD15
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions