Brandon Beachy - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Brandon Beachy

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Brandon Beachy

Postby SportsDraftDaily » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:39 pm

22-Brandon Beachy I ATL I - He had an impressive rookie campaign. He had one of the best K/9 rates (10.7) in the game. It was slightly higher than his minor league resume (10.0). His command (2.9) was very good and his minor league career shows some upside in this area. He missed about a month the season with an oblique injury. Last year he struggled to win games as he rarely pitched in the seventh inning (only twice in 25 starts). Most of the time his pitch counts were reasonable after six innings, but the Braves chose to limit his innings last season. He had equal success against right-handed and left-handed batters. His average fastball (92.0) is solid, but it isn't an elite. He throws three pitches - slider, curveball, and changeups. His slider is his best pitch. He threw 64 % strikes and 61 % first pitch strikes. Skill wise there is a lot to like here. He didn't have a high K rate by blowing batters away with 1+ pitch. At age 25, he looks like he has all the ingredients to be a very good pitcher. This year fantasy players need him to pitch longer in games. He could pitch 200 innings which means 200+ K's. I'm sure an owner that wants to cheat starting pitching will have his eye on Beachy. I think his value will continue to rise as we approach the live draft season. I think he wins 15 games and he strikes out over 200 batters.
SportsDraftDaily
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates