Matt Moore - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Injuries & Player Updates

Matt Moore

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Matt Moore

Postby SportsDraftDaily » Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:34 pm

20-Matt Moore I TB I - For you fantasy fans that don't know his name, you will be wishing you did. After pitching 9.1 innings in September with the Tampa Bay Rays in 2011 and one electric start in the postseason against the Texas Rangers, he has vaulted his value to where he is being selected as a top 25 starter in the high stakes market. In the lower level leagues he will be discounted and I'm sure he will be a difference maker this season. He has an explosive minor-league resume. He has pitched 497.1 innings with 700 K's in his minor league career. He has allowed 159 less hits than innings pitched. His command (3.8) was more of a concern before last season. Last year he threw more strikes which led to some growth in his command (3.1) at AA and AAA. His average fastball (95.7) in September was elite. He threw a curveball and changeup almost the same % of the time. Tampa signed him to a five-year $14 million contract in December. It was the green light we needed to draft him at full value. He will start the year in the majors and I expect him to pitch 200+ innings. In 2010, he threw 144.2 innings and last year his total grew to 174.3 innings when you include the playoffs. His value is extremely high and there are plenty of pitchers with longer resumes drafted around him. He is a high upside pick and a huge difference maker if his value is discounted.
SportsDraftDaily
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Injuries & Player Updates