help with keeper league rules - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

help with keeper league rules

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

help with keeper league rules

Postby levitwcsnc » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:02 pm

we are a 12 team league and we keep three players . there rounds that they were drafted in have to be 12 or more. we have a issue that has come up . Someone drafted desmond jenings in the 23 round . they droped him and another owner picked him up. Our rule for our league is that if a guy is undrafted and you pick him up of fa then he will be kept for a 10th rounder. what are you opionions on this case since he was drafted , has anybody run into this situation in there league. help would be great thanks guys. And if anybody has a good base of rules for the keeper league i would really like some more ideas to make our league successful thanks

WHIR
levitwcsnc
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: help with keeper league rules

Postby oldmanbean » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:39 pm

As your rules are written, he cannot be kept. However, I might allow him to drop him and perhaps re-pick someone else as he may have been unaware of the rule. But no way he should be allowed to keep him.

PS Their, not there :-)
oldmanbean
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Re: help with keeper league rules

Postby PiratadeCampeche » Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:52 pm

My league's rule to free agents is the same as yours and any player drafted and then released to the free agent pool will fall into this category as well even if the owner that originally drafted him picks him up again he will only be eligible to be kept in the 10th round. The issue is that everyone needs to clearly know and understand the rule before the start of the season. ;-D
PiratadeCampeche
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Return to Commissioner's Corner