Best keeper: Hanley, Kinsler, Wright or Tex? WHIR - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Best keeper: Hanley, Kinsler, Wright or Tex? WHIR

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Best keeper: Hanley, Kinsler, Wright or Tex? WHIR

Postby NittanyLions1 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:20 pm

Hanley or Kinsler. I think I go Hanley because his shoulder really held him back. Surgery and the Reyes pushing him point should bring him back to the top imo.
NittanyLions1
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby kidsilk » Sun Feb 12, 2012 1:43 pm

Hanley, plays at a thin position, had only one bad year marred by injuries. He will come back strong this year and from now on. He has great talent. I would say Kinsler second but I am doubtful. Everyone is so excited about his last season. But that was the first season he was ever healthy for an entire season! Don't count on him playing 162 games this year or over the next 5 years. The past predicts the future and I much rather would rather have Hanley.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=439081
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1231)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:16 pm

kidsilk wrote:The past predicts the future and I much rather would rather have Hanley.

That's kind of what I was trying to say only about Kinsler. Over the last three seasons Kinsler has been Excellent -> Injured --> Excellent. Hanley has been Excellent -> Good -> Bad. That's a simple way to put it, obviously. Hanley has a much better history of sustained excellence, but you have to go further back to find it. I guess the question is to what extent does the recent past get extra weight? I really don't know. I don't think Hanley is a bad pick by any means. But Hanley has to prove he can get back to that level, which tilts the scales slightly over to Kinsler for me.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby TheGuru22 » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:23 pm

I think Hanley is the choice. He's got the most upside out of these 4, and that lineup should be more potent than it has been in the past. I'm thinking that last year was an aberration for him, and he should put up numbers more in line with what we have seen in the past. Kinsler and Wright are tough to pass up themselves, but Kinsler's injury history makes me a bit wary, and I view Wright as just a bit lower than Hanley.

Thanks for the help with mine earlier.
TheGuru22
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby raek » Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:29 pm

Hanley
Wright
Kinsler
Tex

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=439094