Please Rate My Team: Customized H-H Points League - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

Please Rate My Team: Customized H-H Points League

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Please Rate My Team: Customized H-H Points League

Postby Guest » Tue Mar 11, 2003 12:09 am

This is a 10 team, very competitive H-H League. It's customized on USAToday. But it basically works like Sandbox where Mon-Thur is a game, while Fri-Sun is another. The only other nuance is that you start 6 pitchers every game. And you can start any number of starters or relievers. You just have to start 6. I also picked 5th & got Pedro with that pick. Here's the point system:

Hitters: single 1, double 2, triple 3, hr 4, runs 1, RBI 1, BB 1, K -1, SB 2, CS -1
Pitchers: wins 10, loss -5, saves 10, bs -5, inning pitched 3, er -1, hits -1, BB -1, K 1, CG 5, SHO 5

C - Posada
1b - Palmeiro
2B - B. Boone
SS - Eckstein
3B - Rolen
UI - Huff
OF - Giles
OF - S. Green
OF - S. Stewart
OF - V. Wells
P - P. Martinez
P - Mussina
P - Vazquez
P - Ramon Ortiz
P - K. Brown
P - Escobar

Hitting Reserves: McGriff, Pierre
Pitching Reserves: Radke, Graves, Peavy, Ishii, Eldred (big time sleeper on good Cards team), Baez, Mantei(AZ closer?)

I think my closers are my biggest weakness. But since I don't even have to start one, I think I'll be okay if I get lucky with 1 or 2 of the scrubs I drafted? I will also drop the worst pitcher (after that becomes evident in spring training) on my roster prior to the start of the season to pick up one more reserve hitter. But since I have to start 6 pitchers, I want lots of options. Anyway, any opinions would be appreciated. It's hard to look at my own roster neutrally.

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Jack-In-A-Box » Tue Mar 11, 2003 10:23 am

i think it looks good mostly. 1 player i'd watch out for.. and i may be the only one who feels this way is Vazquez. I had him and traded him already. He'll be the No.1 starter over in Mon and facing alot of No.1 starters against him. Not good. Plus playing 22 home games in P.Rico on that short field is not good either. Since -5 for losses i think hes gonna be one of the bigger busts this year. I would try and trade him and Mantei for a better closer. Mantei to risky as far as health. GL!

If this particular answer was helpful to you, click here.
(You can click on none or multiple replies in your thread.)
Jack-In-A-Box
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team