Cuddyer trade offer...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Cuddyer trade offer...

Postby pungent » Fri Feb 10, 2012 3:51 pm

16 Team Dynasty 25 keepers: HR R RBI TB SB K AVG OPS W QS K SV ERA WHIP

How does this offer fair for me?

Send: Swisher, Beltran, Nolasco, and Vogelsong

Receive: R.Romero and Cuddyer

I'm I sending too much or I'm I stealing??

This will also free up 2 keeper spots for me.
pungent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Cuddyer trade offer...

Postby MaudDib » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:55 pm

It is close but I think you are giving too much. Romero is the best player in the deal or at least the safer player in the deal. I don't think Cuddyer has much value even in a 16 team league. So really you are trading for an upgrade in pitching but I would think 3 of those four players should be able to get it done.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby chris8 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 4:59 pm

MaudDib wrote:It is close but I think you are giving too much. Romero is the best player in the deal or at least the safer player in the deal. I don't think Cuddyer has much value even in a 16 team league. So really you are trading for an upgrade in pitching but I would think 3 of those four players should be able to get it done.

Not sure that I agree with this - in a 16-team league, I think Cuddyer has significant value, with the 2B-eligibility and playing half his games in Coors. On balance, I might well go for this trade, but I would like to know how you will use the extra 2 keeper slots.
chris8
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
(Past Year: 109)

Postby MaudDib » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:22 pm

chris8 wrote:
MaudDib wrote:It is close but I think you are giving too much. Romero is the best player in the deal or at least the safer player in the deal. I don't think Cuddyer has much value even in a 16 team league. So really you are trading for an upgrade in pitching but I would think 3 of those four players should be able to get it done.

Not sure that I agree with this - in a 16-team league, I think Cuddyer has significant value, with the 2B-eligibility and playing half his games in Coors. On balance, I might well go for this trade, but I would like to know how you will use the extra 2 keeper slots.

I guess I don't. He is a 15-20 HR guy that will get you single digit steals and 70/80 RBI/R with a .270 avg. I guess in a 16 team league at 2B (not eligible at this position in my leagues) he gains a little more value but i think there are better options and not someone that I would target. All four of the players he is giving up, I like more than Cuddyer.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby pungent » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:48 pm

chris8 wrote:

Here's my preliminary list of keepers (don't set until beginning of spring training):

1 Ramos
2 Pujols
3 Hill
4 Zimmerman
5 Reyes
6 Jay Hey
7 Choo
8 Stubbs
9 Butler
10 Alzarez
11 Beltran
12 Swisher
13 Snider
14 Sabathia
15 Price
16 Gallardo
17 Kennedy
18 Jimenez
19 Hellickson
20 Anderson
21 Matusz
22 Vogelsong
23 Nolasco
24 Kimbrell
25 Storen

Player left

Rosario
Hughes
Rex Brothers
Guerrero
R.Davis
Coughlan

I'm guessing I'd probably keep Hughes and either Guerrero,Rosario, or Brothers (depending if he gets the closer gig).

Thoughts/Suggestions/Comments?
pungent
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby Element » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:32 am

I'd stand pat. I actually think that Swisher and Beltran are the best players in this deal in this format. OPS is a category here which feeds into the value of both players. Romero is ok, but I've never been much of a fan. I'm with maud as I don't value Cuddyer as much either.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Response TeamCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 767)

Postby ensanimal » Sat Feb 11, 2012 1:06 pm

I like this deal for you. Nolasco and Vogelsong are pretty meh, so not much that you're losing there. I really like Cuddyer this year in that home park/lineup and with his eligibility. Swisher isn't anything special. Beltran could put up a nice season, but he is also one tweak away from missing a good length of time. You've got the OF depth to lose both, and getting Romero might give you the best rotation in your league.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sun Feb 12, 2012 9:58 am

Not of a fan of Romero, but I really like Cuddyer going to Colorado. Beltran could be a very nice player if he stays healthy all year and Swisher is decent. But since you have OF depth (as mentioned above), I would probably pull the trigger.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions