roto 5x5 15 team mixed - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team

roto 5x5 15 team mixed

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

roto 5x5 15 team mixed

Postby les battes blue » Thu Feb 09, 2012 12:45 pm

roto draft 5x5 15 team mixed, 50 rounds. 23 active, standard roto positions, 27 reserve. no in-season transactions. none. nada. must build a team able to fill holes due to injury, loss of job, etc. for the entire season.

this was my first time competing in this format. teams cost $150, and the prizes are considerable. i researched past winners and set some category goals prior to drafting; .275, 1100 runs, 280 hrs, 1050 rbi, 160 sb, 105 wins, 70 saves, 1320 k's, 1.19, and 3.50. the saves and sb totals are below the winner's totals, but high enough to finish middle of the pack or better. the rest of the numbers represent top three levels in each cat. ...enough to finish at or near the top of the league.

i decided to draft high risk, rather than play it safe. i think that to win these leagues, one must draft well, but also get fairly lucky. a conservative strategy done well would likely place you in the top six. to win, however, i think one must gamble on high up-side.

i picked #13 and assembled this team;

c hernandez
c lavarnway
1 tex
3 lawrie
cr belt
2 kipnis
s hardy
m aviles
o upton
o gordon
o heyward
o markakis
o cain
u j montero
hitters on the bench; j schafer, g jones, l martin, hudson, rolen, blackmon, lombardozzi, kawasaki, flores, middlebrooks, g brown, marte, vitters, lemahiue

p strasburg
p kennedy
p hudson d
p garcia j
p bard
p worley
p leake
p johnson j
p perez c

bench pitchers; wolf, uehara, f d l santos, abreu j, blanton, cashner, lynn, cobb, ramirez r, lecure, gorzlanny, parnell, millwood

i chased hrs throughout the draft, and tried to build a strong starting staff. i drafted closers late. i did not intend for the bullpen to be THIS weak. hoping a couple of my reserve relievers become closers...

i did not intend to draft j montero...he fell to me and i felt i had to draft him in the round. he'll shift to catcher as soon as he qualifies, and i will add one of the outfielders to replace a catcher.

i am pleased with the way the draft went and i like my team. so much so that i bought into a second draft and i am thinking of buying into a third. that is why i am posting here, i'd like some feedback as to how successful, or unsuccessful i've been. if you don't think my teams are very strong, please tell me and i'll save my money :)

team 2, drafted forth ( posey, c santana, freeman, m cabrera, carp, kipnis, escobar y, altuve, hamilton, maybin, bourjos, mayberry, trout, sands, reddick, morel, sizemore s, ross c, plouffe, downs m, sweeney r, vitters, sanchez h, baker j, lemahiue, kawasaki //strasburg, bumgarner, darvish, santana e, cahill, leake, alvarez h, league, motte, nicasio, crow, f d l santos, uehara, blanton, abreu j, perkins, lynn, noesi, hultzen, ramirez r, millwood, lecure, hembree h, gorzlanny )

thanks
les
les battes blue
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Analyze/Rate My Team