WHIR: Allowed to keep up to 5 Keepers - Who to choose/trade? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

WHIR: Allowed to keep up to 5 Keepers - Who to choose/trade?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

WHIR: Allowed to keep up to 5 Keepers - Who to choose/trade?

Postby CGHitman14 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:59 pm

10 Team, H2H points league.

We're allowed to keep up to 5 players in our league. The first 4 guys you keep come straight from the first 4 rounds of the draft. You keep 4, you don't draft in rounds 1-4. Keep 2, you don't draft rounds 1-2. Easy. The 5th guy is a "keep'em where you drafted'em" guy.

Keep'em Where You Drafted'em Options

16 - J. Cueto
21 - A. Wainwright

Lose From the Top Four Rounds

A. Pujols
T. Lincecum
H. Ramirez
F. Hernandez
A. McCutchen
C. Santana
M. Cain

My plan now is to keep Wainright, and then keep Pujols, Lincecum, Hanley and Felix. It's possible that with a decent spring, I can trade Hanley/Felix for Miguel Cabrera and then keep McCutchen.

Any thoughts on who I should keep, and what players you'd try to bundle and who you'd try to go for? I have some deep talent so I will have options.
CGHitman14
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: WHIR: Allowed to keep up to 5 Keepers - Who to choose/tr

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 pm

CGHitman14 wrote:10 Team, H2H points league.

We're allowed to keep up to 5 players in our league. The first 4 guys you keep come straight from the first 4 rounds of the draft. You keep 4, you don't draft in rounds 1-4. Keep 2, you don't draft rounds 1-2. Easy. The 5th guy is a "keep'em where you drafted'em" guy.

Keep'em Where You Drafted'em Options

16 - J. Cueto
21 - A. Wainwright ;-D

A. Pujols ;-D
T. Lincecum ;-D
H. Ramirez ;-D
F. Hernandez
A. McCutchen ;-D
C. Santana
M. Cain

My plan now is to keep Wainright, and then keep Pujols, Lincecum, Hanley and Felix. It's possible that with a decent spring, I can trade Hanley/Felix for Miguel Cabrera and then keep McCutchen.

Any thoughts on who I should keep, and what players you'd try to bundle and who you'd try to go for? I have some deep talent so I will have options.

It'll probably be tough to get a 2 for 1 done in with only 50 keepers, but you could try dealing one of lincecum/hernandez and one of hanley/mccutchen/santana for a stud guy. it'd gonna be tough to upgrade here though.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby kaiser » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:18 pm

Keep Wainwright.

Keep Pujols,Lincecum, HanRam and McCutchen.
kaiser
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorCafeholicCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 305)

Postby ensanimal » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:10 pm

kaiser wrote:Keep Wainwright.

Keep Pujols,Lincecum, HanRam and McCutchen.

Agreed. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:19 pm

16 - J. Cueto
21 - A. Wainwright ;-D <-- easily

A. Pujols ;-D
T. Lincecum
H. Ramirez ;-D
F. Hernandez
A. McCutchen ;-D
C. Santana
M. Cain

After those 4, it's a matter of preference between Lincecum and Felix for the last spot. There's no way I keep them both and send McCutchen back, though.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 301)

Postby CGHitman14 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Major lack of love here for one of the best pitchers in baseball, King Felix! Lots of love for McCutchen here.

I've spoken to the Midgy owner, and as I mentioned before, he said that pending Hanley's arm holding up this spring he'd strongly consider Hanley/Felix for Midgy. Then I'd be keeping:

A. Pujols
M. Cabrera
T. Lincecum
A. McCutchen

Another option I have that I failed to mention. We also get to keep two rookies. We're in a 29 round draft and the rookies are kept in the bottom two rounds of the draft. I could find a team that only has 3 viable keepers and deal them one of my 5 for a top prospect pitcher like Bauer, Teheran, Cole, Harper, etc.

Thoughts?
CGHitman14
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Both sound like good ideas to me. The trade for MCab would be super sweet for you, but you might as well get what you can out of your extra guys instead of dropping them back into the player pool.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby CGHitman14 » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:50 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:Both sound like good ideas to me. The trade for MCab would be super sweet for you, but you might as well get what you can out of your extra guys instead of dropping them back into the player pool.

I'm just surprised that people think the optimal lineup would be McCutchen over one of the pitchers....

I have a hard time agreeing with this. I feel like it's much easier to find a serviceable OF than an ACE SP.
CGHitman14
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby handyman01 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:20 am

If you can pull off the Miggy trade, do it and keep Pujols, Miggy, Lincecum, McCutchen and Wainwright. 21st round pick is well worth the risk on Wainy. If the trade falls through, I'd definitely keep Felix over Cutch. Dangle the other players and see if you can get some draft pick upgrades, assuming your league allows you to trade picks.
handyman01
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:35 am

CGHitman14 wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:Both sound like good ideas to me. The trade for MCab would be super sweet for you, but you might as well get what you can out of your extra guys instead of dropping them back into the player pool.

I'm just surprised that people think the optimal lineup would be McCutchen over one of the pitchers....

I have a hard time agreeing with this. I feel like it's much easier to find a serviceable OF than an ACE SP.

McCutchen isn't just a "serviceable OF". He's a top-10 OF, who produces across all five categories and probably shouldn't be drafted much later than 25th overall. With how deep pitching is this year, there's no way I'd keep either pitcher over him.
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions