Anyone do their own auction salary values?? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Baseball Leftovers

Anyone do their own auction salary values??

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Anyone do their own auction salary values??

Postby Skin Blues » Thu Feb 09, 2012 1:33 pm

Tavish wrote:
Skin Blues wrote:lastplayerpicked.com

That's pretty much all you need to know after you ahve a set of reliable projections.

I love last player picked's tool, the only problem I have with them is that I have to tweak their positional value. For instance on a standard Yahoo league they run an $18 base for Catchers and $9 for 1B. There is definitely a positional difference, but not quite that large.

Yeah manual tweaks are sometimes needed. Not so much because the math is wrong, but because real life drafts/auctions don't follow true value, especially with oddities like closers and catchers. I also weight the categories differently which isn't possible with LPP. And for Yahoo leagues where the reserve players play a significant role, they need to be included, either as additional UTIL spots, or by adding IF and OF spots. It'll get you 99% of the way there, though, and for most people it's a big improvement on how they used to do rankings/dollar values.
Skin Blues
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 113)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thecubsyear » Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:33 am

Skin Blues wrote:lastplayerpicked.com

That's pretty much all you need to know after you ahve a set of reliable projections.

I just did this today before I read this thread....used the WOC projections with lastplayerpicked.com

http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=440909
thecubsyear
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Inukchuk » Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:27 pm

I may be in the minority here, but I've been running an auction keeper for around 5 years now, and I don't even bother looking at auction values. I feel as if an auction can go so many different ways, it's almost counterproductive to have a rigid set of values for a format with so many variables in play.

I think that as long as you have a general idea of where top/middle/low round players should go, you should be ok in an auction. I'd say that if you do like to have the security blanket of auction values, try not to get too tied to them. If there's a guy you really want, don't be afraid to drop a few extra bucks on him despite the fact that your values say otherwise. This is particularly true if your values are based off of someone else's projections, imo...
abrunn11... the place to go for all your sig needs...
Inukchuk
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Coming down on this hospital like the hammer of Thor

Previous

Return to Baseball Leftovers