Which Card should I buy? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to General Talk

Which Card should I buy?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Which Card should I buy?

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:59 am

i remember when i used to collect cards when i was a kid thinking i was going to make big money someday. until you realize that nobody is ever going to buy them from you...or if they do it will be at a price not even close to what you think you should get.

i used to actually think i could get teh price Beckett said it was worth....then going to a store or convention trying to sell them and realized the dealers werent interested unless they could get it at like 20% of that price.

i had fun collecting, but if you think you are doing it to someday get rich its a pipe dream. so collect the cards you like just as a hobby...dont ever make desicions based on soem false sense of making actual money
shawngee03
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:34 am

shawngee03 wrote:i remember when i used to collect cards when i was a kid thinking i was going to make big money someday. until you realize that nobody is ever going to buy them from you...or if they do it will be at a price not even close to what you think you should get.

i used to actually think i could get teh price Beckett said it was worth....then going to a store or convention trying to sell them and realized the dealers werent interested unless they could get it at like 20% of that price.

i had fun collecting, but if you think you are doing it to someday get rich its a pipe dream. so collect the cards you like just as a hobby...dont ever make desicions based on soem false sense of making actual money

haha. exactly.
Buy for yourself and what you like. If it happens to be worth something down the road, great. I figure that if any of my cards are worth anything in the future then it will go to my son or daughter.

One day I realized that I had cards of all three Howes the only year that they played together (Marty's only year in the NHL). Individually they are worth little but my wife took them and framed them for me for my birthday one year. Awesome present and it has been up in my office for years and is a great discussion piece. I posted a pic of it in the Hockey Cafe here. Still worth little but cool. So I would say get the one you like better and put it somewhere where you can look at it.
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterHockey ModBasketball ModFootball ModMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 280)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Yabbydoo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:14 pm

I bought both the trevor may was $5.00 and the bastardo $6.00
Yabbydoo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Yabbydoo » Fri Feb 03, 2012 5:16 pm

the trevor may is potential resale even though I prob wont I really like the idea of passing it down to my family when I get the older its face value is $10.00 Book price without the autograph and I have an autograph one....I will hold onto it and bastardo was cheap, helped me with a few key fantasy relief wins ;D and come one great last name! tys for the help guys! btw the trevor may is straight up autograph on card and bastardo is sticker auto
Yabbydoo
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Previous

Return to General Talk