2013 Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

2013 Discussion

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: 2013 Discussion

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:47 pm

Third Day wrote:A third option would be be to take a years hiatus. Maybe next year situations will change and we can pick up where we left off.

And I think that's a good option, too (with the obvious wrinkle being tied to keeper values if we just did a roster freeze). If we do decide to disband, we'll do so with the implication that it be temporary.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedBullVodka » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:20 pm

It doesn't really look like there is the appetite to continue which is a shame. Although maybe we should post to see if we can get some takers?

If not, I guess we can see if we can resurrect for next year, if we do disband, but I suspect that is unlikely to happen? Someone would need to take final rosters for everyone as well?

At least this way no one can take my virtual trophy away!! :-D

And if it is the end i would like to thank Fade and Matt Jags for all their hard work in running this league for the past five or six years. Good work guys. ;-D
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)

Postby ggs » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:14 am

sad to end it like this!
ggs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 115)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby RedHopeful » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:17 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:And if it is the end i would like to thank Fade and Matt Jags for all their hard work in running this league for the past five or six years. Good work guys. ;-D

Agreed. At this time, I don't see a working scenario neither. In the past, I had more time so I might have been able to find replacements but now...sigh. Was fun guys, see you on the other side!
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 84)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby zepfan » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:54 pm

Really sorry it took me this long to reply, I haven't been checking my emails as much as I should lol. I'm out for this year for what it's worth. I didn't even do my team or the league justice last year with my rapidly diminishing interest in baseball. I'm sorry to bail also, I feel like this is a really good group of owners. Thanks for running a great league Fade and jags, you guys were awesome! Hopefully I'll get back into it at some point.

"My cat's breath smells like cat food." - R. Wiggum
zepfan
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
(Past Year: 5)

Postby j24jags » Sun Feb 23, 2014 6:17 pm

Hey guys,

Really sorry for the non-responsiveness. I started a new job about 10 months ago which has been a priority & greatly reduced my free time. I was in three leagues last year, which proved to be way too much. I have lost some of my passion for fantasy baseball in the last year or two. As of a few weeks ago I was thinking of taking the year off from fantasy entirely. With spring training approaching, I've gotten the itch to come back, but I do n't think I have the time or passion to manage multiple teams this season.

As one of the guys who started this league a few years ago, it's sad to see the Brushback League come to an end. That being said, it was a great run & we've managed to consistently pull together great groups of active, intelligent GMs.

Stay in touch. See you guys around here (even if I'm around less going forward that was the case in previous seasons).

Regards,
Matt
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Alpha Squints » Sat Mar 01, 2014 10:09 am

Guys, it's been great playing with you for the last few years! I'm out ;-D
Alpha Squints