2013 Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

2013 Discussion

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: 2013 Discussion

Postby ggs » Mon Mar 18, 2013 8:27 am

great draft guys, impressed we finished with plenty of time to spare. thanks for doing the legwork getting it all into Y!
ggs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 111)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Mar 18, 2013 10:03 am

No problem. ;-D I had been following along with the draft on Yahoo from the very beginning, updating every couple rounds or so. And Red, thanks for the reminder on the waiver priority. It is now set to inverse draft order.

Like I promised, I created a thread for a post draft questionnaire/analysis. So if you feel like putting in your $.02, please do. I'll be posting mine later today. ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedHopeful » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:45 pm

Keeping things alive. ;-D
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby RedHopeful » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:06 pm

RedHopeful wrote:Keeping things alive. ;-D

;-D
RedHopeful
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 85)

Postby ensanimal » Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:39 pm

Hey all,

I unfortunately won't be back this season. It's been great, but wifey is pregnant and has this crazy idea that babies take up a lot of time. Cutting down on most of my leagues this year.

It's been a great league these past few years, thanks for having me.

;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 91)

Postby ggs » Fri Nov 22, 2013 3:20 pm

ensanimal wrote:Hey all,

I unfortunately won't be back this season. It's been great, but wifey is pregnant and has this crazy idea that babies take up a lot of time. Cutting down on most of my leagues this year.

It's been a great league these past few years, thanks for having me.

;-D

congrats! you'll be back soon i'm sure!
ggs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 111)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:06 pm

Unfortunately, we're in the same boat as before. We only have 8/14 agreeing to come back, with a couple still unaccounted for.

I think realistically, replacing almost half the league is just not doable - not only in actually finding that many dedicated owners to take over defunct teams, but it will also clearly have an impact on the quality of the league.

A few people have responded with some potential alternatives, such as reducing the league size, but I think that would have profound effects on the keeper system we have in place. If we were to do that, I think starting with fresh rosters would be the only option (as much as it pains me to say that, since I'd say I have a pretty good one as is). A few others PMed me suggesting that we fold, and I truly appreciate that honesty. So at this point, I think the above are our only two realistic options - disbanding, or putting together a new league (unless we can figure out another alternative).

If we opt for the latter, I sadly cannot continue as commish. I've just encountered a family situation involving illness, and I simply cannot dedicate the time needed for that responsibility. If we figure a way to keep things going, or if we put together a new league, I would be more than happy to participate.

So those still interested in the outcome of this discussion, please voice your opinions in this thread. Thanks guys.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Third Day » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:20 pm

A third option would be be to take a years hiatus. Maybe next year situations will change and we can pick up where we left off.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)

Postby Third Day » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:37 pm

At the risk of appearing a vulture, the LFOD dynasty league is looking for a replacement owner. Bwanna is our commish and if anyone is interested drop him a line at the Cafe league site.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 11, 2014 4:46 pm

Third Day wrote:At the risk of appearing a vulture, the LFOD dynasty league is looking for a replacement owner. Bwanna is our commish and if anyone is interested drop him a line at the Cafe league site.

And at the risk of appearing like a second vulture, I've been in the LFoD league since its inception and I highly recommend it. ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to The Brushback League