2013 Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

2013 Discussion

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: 2013 Discussion

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 2:49 am

Anyone else have opinion on the clock? If anyone thinks that 8 hours won't work for them and aren't able to get lists to others when away, please speak up. ;-D

Once RBV and Domsic finalize their keeper lists, we're ready to draft on Monday. I posted the 2013 Draft Results thread as well, so please check to make sure I have your keepers correct.

Also, while going through declared keepers, I found a few mistakes (or at least I think so). BigLebowski - I have Scherzer being drafted in Rd 11, so he should be Rd 9 this year. sportsguy138 - Hamilton was drafted in Rd 4 -> Rd 3, Hill drafted in Rd 13 -> Rd 10, and Jackson Rd 10 -> 8.

If anyone disagrees with any of these, let me know.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 3:02 am

Ayebatter and/or j24jags - I still have a serious case of sticky-envy, so could you guys (un)sticky a few things, like getting rid of the two polls, some of the 2012 stuff, and add the Draft Result thread?

;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby RedBullVodka » Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:47 am

Sorry guys - got a bit of real life stuff to do for a few hours. Will finalise a little later, but will definitely be today!
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)

Postby ensanimal » Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:21 am

I agree with Lebo. 8 hrs is OK by me. Sending a list to someone is relatively easy and then if you make the league know who has your pics would help keep things going. We all know things happen that are not expected sometimes but always taking the full time is something we need to work on.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 108)

Postby ayebatter » Sat Feb 16, 2013 1:14 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:Ayebatter and/or j24jags - I still have a serious case of sticky-envy, so could you guys (un)sticky a few things, like getting rid of the two polls, some of the 2012 stuff, and add the Draft Result thread?

;-D

Enough ??
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1280)

Postby Alpha Squints » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:10 pm

What's up brushback league? Miss my hot breathe in your ears?

Anyone want Eric Hosmer (26) Fernando Rodney (15) or Wainwright (5) ?

Other notables include Darwin Barney (15) and A.J. Ellis (15)
Alpha Squints
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

(Past Year: 1)

Postby RedBullVodka » Sun Feb 17, 2013 1:50 pm

Don't forget you need to appy the round penalty on your keepers, this year, Squints (ie Sandoval should be round 3 keeper not 4) on your roster page.... :-D
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Feb 17, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks for posting your keepers, Matt. ;-D

I know you've been busy, but like RBV said, we did institute the keeper penalty system. I've inputted your keepers into the 2013 Draft Results thread with the correct rounds reflected. If you forgot this and would make different choices for keepers had you remembered, let me know and I'll make a change (offer good only until tonight) - again, we're starting the draft tomorrow. Also, because everyone declared keepers on Friday, all non-keeper players that were on rosters until that point are FAs and now in the draft pool.

Draft clock will begin tomorrow (President's Day) at 12:00 PM EST - Clock is 8 hours.

We're starting the clock at noon rather than midnight so that no one can possibly get hosed overnight or during work hours. We'll start at 8 hours and continue that pace as long as it keeps working. If it causes too much hardship, we'll scale it back.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Alpha Squints » Sun Feb 17, 2013 10:00 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:Thanks for posting your keepers, Matt. ;-D

I know you've been busy, but like RBV said, we did institute the keeper penalty system. I've inputted your keepers into the 2013 Draft Results thread with the correct rounds reflected. If you forgot this and would make different choices for keepers had you remembered, let me know and I'll make a change (offer good only until tonight) - again, we're starting the draft tomorrow. Also, because everyone declared keepers on Friday, all non-keeper players that were on rosters until that point are FAs and now in the draft pool.

Draft clock will begin tomorrow (President's Day) at 12:00 PM EST - Clock is 8 hours.

We're starting the clock at noon rather than midnight so that no one can possibly get hosed overnight or during work hours. We'll start at 8 hours and continue that pace as long as it keeps working. If it causes too much hardship, we'll scale it back.

No idea why but instead of Pablo at 3 I'm doing Hosmer at 22. Here's hoping he doesn't suck again
Alpha Squints
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Alpha Squints » Mon Feb 18, 2013 1:12 am

Anyone up to making the Players taken by position thread?
Alpha Squints
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

PreviousNext

Return to The Brushback League