2013 Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

2013 Discussion

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: 2013 Discussion

Postby Ender » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:00 pm

In other keeper leagues I've played in, he would be an 8th round keeper. FA are always a little wonky so I guess we just have to decide if they are still 15th rounders the first year or not.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Third Day » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:21 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:
j24jags wrote:
Ender wrote:So if I keep R. A. Dickey who was a FA pickup he will start as a 15th round even with the 3 round escalation for 12-20 correct?

Correct. My understanding is that FA Pickups will still be a 15th rounder in the first year they are kept. Fade, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well I suppose that's something I hadn't really considered, and it begs the question of what should happen when it's the first time a player is kept.

If I drafted someone in round 10 last year and plan on keeping him this year, should I get to keep him 1 year at round 10, or would he immediately move up to round 8?

I think maybe the "1st year no move rule" should apply only to FA.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 277)

Postby ayebatter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:54 pm

OH MY GOD THIS IS GETTING STUPID :-P

Too many rules lead to too many opinions, I know some of you have great keepers in late rounds, but unless we are going to turn this into a Dynasty league we need to have more movement in the player pool or we're going to be looking to replace 30% of the league managers every year. I still say this isn't the 'most fair' way to do it but it will preserve the league as it stands for a longer period - every player moves 5 rounds every year till they're 1st rounders and you can keep as many 1st rounders as you like up to 5.

/rant
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:59 pm

Ender wrote:In other keeper leagues I've played in, he would be an 8th round keeper. FA are always a little wonky so I guess we just have to decide if they are still 15th rounders the first year or not.
Third Day wrote:I think maybe the "1st year no move rule" should apply only to FA.

Sounds right to me, but I thought I should just raise the question so that it's clear for everyone. Minor questions like this will pop up, so they should be addressed before they become a problem.

ayebatter wrote:OH MY GOD THIS IS GETTING STUPID :-P

Too many rules lead to too many opinions, I know some of you have great keepers in late rounds, but unless we are going to turn this into a Dynasty league we need to have more movement in the player pool or we're going to be looking to replace 30% of the league managers every year. I still say this isn't the 'most fair' way to do it but it will preserve the league as it stands for a longer period - every player moves 5 rounds every year till they're 1st rounders and you can keep as many 1st rounders as you like up to 5.

/rant

I guess I don't understand what is so stupid. We're changing one rule - a rule that everyone wanted to change. And so far, one option is the clear frontrunner.

If that was the type of format everyone wanted, then that's the format we'd be doing. It's an option in the poll, and it has two votes. It would also help if everyone who has committed would actually place a vote despite my repeated prodding. Two of the 11 still haven't voted, and I can't get Oopah to respond to anything I send him despite him joining in Yahoo!. No one has come up with a system, and no one will, that will satisfy absolutely everyone. I can only go with what the group wants.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:46 pm

Just to get things moving, I'm going to go ahead and introduce our two new owners that will officially be replacing Jusman1 and Aqua. Yes, I said Monday, but Jus is for sure out and Aqua's been nowhere. Ya snooze, ya lose.

ggs will be taking over Aqua's team. I'm sure a few of you guys know him, especially those that frequent the basketball side.

sportsguy138 will be taking over Jusman1's team. Everyone knows SG. I've been in league with him for years, as have many of you.

Two pretty good additions, if I do say so. B-)
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby j24jags » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:14 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:ggs will be taking over Aqua's team. I'm sure a few of you guys know him, especially those that frequent the basketball side.

sportsguy138 will be taking over Jusman1's team. Everyone knows SG. I've been in league with him for years, as have many of you.

Welcome guys ;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby sportsguy138 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:34 pm

j24jags wrote:
Fade2White12 wrote:ggs will be taking over Aqua's team. I'm sure a few of you guys know him, especially those that frequent the basketball side.

Welcome guys ;-D

Glad to be here. ;-D
sportsguy138
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 405)

Postby ayebatter » Sun Feb 10, 2013 6:45 pm

Heyhey.........................hey
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1299)

Postby ggs » Sun Feb 10, 2013 7:14 pm

glad to be aboard, hope to finally win a league now that i don't see buser registered...
ggs
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 115)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Postby ensanimal » Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:32 am

Welcome new guys!!

Throwing it out there....I could see myself dealing AGon (3rd rounder) for 2 nice keepers. Let me know if you're looking for a stud. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

PreviousNext

Return to The Brushback League