j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2012 Discussion

Postby Fade2White12 » Mon Feb 04, 2013 5:19 pm

With Matt and Red, that makes 11. I still have yet to hear from jusman1, Aqua, and Oopah. If anyone has an email or additional means of contacting them, please let me know.

We started the draft last year on the 18th of Feb. That gives us two weeks from today to finalize the league members, the new keeper rules, and declare keepers. That should be no problem, IMO. I'll be setting up two polls today - one as to the new escalating keeper structure, and the other to how to handle multiple first rounders. We'll go with whatever options get the most votes. ;-D
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby ayebatter » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:16 pm

Fade2White12 wrote: I'll be setting up two polls today - one as to the new escalating keeper structure, and the other to how to handle multiple first rounders. We'll go with whatever options get the most votes. ;-D

Both polls have been Sticky'd. ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1390)

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:22 pm

I appreciate that. For whatever reason, I still don't have full mod powers for this forum. Last year BK couldn't fix my inability to sticky, and it seems like it still hasn't been resolved. :-P
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ayebatter » Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:32 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:I appreciate that. For whatever reason, I still don't have full mod powers for this forum. Last year BK couldn't fix my inability to sticky, and it seems like it still hasn't been resolved. :-P

I'll see if I can rectify it, in the meantime I'll keep an eye on the forum in general.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1390)

Re: 2013 Discussion

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:06 pm

Through my sleuthing, I was able to find the emails of jusman1, Aqua, and Oopah. If the emails I personally sent were not enough, the ones automatically sent when I renewed the league should be. Although not hearing from Oopah and Aqua is not all that surprising, hearing nothing from jusman1 really is. Regardless, I made a post in the Classifieds and we have 1 for sure replacement. I told those three they had until Monday, so we'll hold off on introducing people until then. Again, if you know someone that may want to take over a team, tell them to contact me.

We only have 8 of 11 people who have voted in the polls. Although the format question is all but decided, we need the rest of the turnout to decide the 1st Rounders question. If you haven't voted, please do so soon.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fade2White12 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:58 pm

Some news:

Jusman1: is for sure out. He wanted to let everyone know that he enjoyed his time in the league. Maybe we'll have him back at a later time.
Oopah: Maybe in? Looks like he accepted his invite and joined the league in Yahoo!. I sent him an email through the league page to get more info on his intentions.
Aqua: Still nothing. I'm assuming he's out.

Regarding replacements: We're likely all set. Have 2 guys for sure and possibly a 3rd. Assuming the above three guys are the only questions, and everyone else sticks by their commitment, we should be full up at 14.

Timeline:
Keeper date still TBD, but I want at least a couple days between their due date and the draft. Seems like there is always someone late to the party. Preliminary draft date is still 2/18, but if everything falls into place sooner, we can start a few days early.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Sat Feb 09, 2013 11:16 pm

So if I keep R. A. Dickey who was a FA pickup he will start as a 15th round even with the 3 round escalation for 12-20 correct?
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

Postby j24jags » Sun Feb 10, 2013 10:19 am

Ender wrote:So if I keep R. A. Dickey who was a FA pickup he will start as a 15th round even with the 3 round escalation for 12-20 correct?

Correct. My understanding is that FA Pickups will still be a 15th rounder in the first year they are kept. Fade, correct me if I'm wrong.
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fade2White12 » Sun Feb 10, 2013 12:56 pm

j24jags wrote:
Ender wrote:So if I keep R. A. Dickey who was a FA pickup he will start as a 15th round even with the 3 round escalation for 12-20 correct?

Correct. My understanding is that FA Pickups will still be a 15th rounder in the first year they are kept. Fade, correct me if I'm wrong.

Well I suppose that's something I hadn't really considered, and it begs the question of what should happen when it's the first time a player is kept.

If I drafted someone in round 10 last year and plan on keeping him this year, should I get to keep him 1 year at round 10, or would he immediately move up to round 8?
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to The Brushback League