2013 Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

2013 Discussion

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: 2012 Discussion

Postby Ender » Sun Dec 23, 2012 2:47 pm

I'll come back but if you are going to change rules you probably want to find someone to run the league and get it filled up soon or you miss any chance to change the rules. I have an infant at home and don't really have the time to run a league so don't ask me :).
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Third Day » Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:32 am

Would like to come back with or without changes.
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)

Postby ensanimal » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:19 pm

I'd come back as well, but I agree something should be done about keepers. Either full redraft and set new rules, implement escalating rounds for keepers or a combo of both. Maybe allow everyone to select 1 or 2 keepers and then redraft with some sort of escalation in place.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 92)

Postby ayebatter » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:54 pm

ensanimal wrote:I'd come back as well, but I agree something should be done about keepers. Maybe allow everyone to select 1 or 2 keepers and then redraft with some sort of escalation in place.

This ;-D
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1443)

Postby Third Day » Fri Dec 28, 2012 2:23 pm

ayebatter wrote:
ensanimal wrote:I'd come back as well, but I agree something should be done about keepers. Maybe allow everyone to select 1 or 2 keepers and then redraft with some sort of escalation in place.

This ;-D

;-D ;-D
He who knows not and knows not he knows not: he is a fool - shun him. He who knows not and knows he knows not: he is simple - teach him. He who knows and knows not he knows: he is asleep - wake him. He who knows and knows he knows: he is wise - follow him
Third Day
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 273)

Postby j24jags » Sun Jan 06, 2013 6:14 pm

Third Day wrote:
ayebatter wrote:

This ;-D

;-D ;-D

;-D
j24jags
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Fade2White12 » Thu Jan 17, 2013 12:48 pm

I wouldn't mind running the league now that things have calmed down a bit in my life. However, so far we'd have commitments from only 6 of 14 members. Obviously there is no way we could retain the rosters/structure we've had with such a commitment (but it is still quite early).

Would you guys rather we continue the league with the same rosters and find replacements for those who do not wish to continue (and attempt to revamp the current keeper system), or start fresh with a new league fixing all the issues we have with this one?
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 41)

Postby ayebatter » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:13 pm

Fade2White12 wrote:I wouldn't mind running the league now that things have calmed down a bit in my life. However, so far we'd have commitments from only 6 of 14 members. Obviously there is no way we could retain the rosters/structure we've had with such a commitment (but it is still quite early).

Would you guys rather we continue the league with the same rosters and find replacements for those who do not wish to continue (and attempt to revamp the current keeper system), or start fresh with a new league fixing all the issues we have with this one?

Either situation works for me, although if every non returning team has 2 good keepers it might be easier to revamp the keeper system and find replacement owners. In the meantime I'll get BigKen to activate this league.
So-Cal 25 Club _762_
ayebatter

ModeratorCafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1443)

Postby RedBullVodka » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:24 pm

I want to come back to this league - not least because I won it! :)

I'm in favour of escalation of keeper picks, but I'm against changing the numbers of keepers or redrafting. I really don't see why escalation can't be implemented on the 5 keepers as per the league set up.

One word about my current status - I have a new job where we are locked out of a lot of sites, so it will be more difficult for me during working hours (and this job keeps me very busy), so there may be times when I'm away from the computer. I will try to minimise this during the draft by using the buddy system, but there may be times when I cause a delay - (hopefully not very many). Of course, being in the UK will mean the first half of the day you guys are all asleep anyway!
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)

Postby RedBullVodka » Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:38 pm

BTW we debated the keeper thing a lot last year (there are at least two good threads below), and everyone who voted in the poll was in favour of escalation. So let's try not to go over old ground too much, and make a speedy decision which we can implement this year. :-D
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 45)

PreviousNext

Return to The Brushback League