2013 Discussion - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to The Brushback League

2013 Discussion

Moderators: Fade2White12, j24jags

Re: 2012 Discussion

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:35 pm

I'm sitting here at work procrastinating, so I decided that I'd use whatever spreadsheet I could find that would make some projections on final standings for this league. I found something on Razzball called the War Room which uses their rankings to project standings.

It looks like they haven't updated the projections in like a month, so some of the injuries and changed roles are not factored in. I also just used everyone's starting rosters for this (except if one of your players was not in the sheet, so I went to the next player). So with some people having different mixtures of SP or RP in their P slots, the pitching side isn't that comparable. Plus, I know that anything that has me finishing anything close to 1st has to be WAY off.

Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 40)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RedBullVodka » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:43 pm

I'm assuming the order in the top table is how it expects us to finish?

If you're really "procrastinating" and want to do it again, try www.drafttracker.net as well! It has projections based on multiple sources.
2009 H2HWS Champion
RedBullVodka
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 44)

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:51 pm

RedBullVodka wrote:I'm assuming the order in the top table is how it expects us to finish?

If you're really "procrastinating" and want to do it again, try http://www.drafttracker.net as well! It has projections based on multiple sources.

I went team by team from the Rosters thread so it is in that order. It doesn't automatically re-order them, so it's just in the order that I entered them.

The 2nd to last column is total points and last column is team rank (albeit team rank is backward - the higher the number the better).

Maybe I'll work on another one when I have time, but I can't procrastinate ALL day. ;-7
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:31 pm

I lied.

I should have the drafttracker standings within the next 45 mins. :-b
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 2:21 pm

Again, some issues with some picks left to be made, and also some players who are not in their spreadsheet. Some similarities with the results. B-)

Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby BigLebowski » Fri Mar 23, 2012 5:17 pm

j24jags wrote:Wow big difference between the projection engines for me...84 points to 57 points from Razzball to Drafttracker. How can Ryan Madson + Andrew Bailey net me 1 point in the saves category?

Madsen goes down for the year with TJ. ;-)
BigLebowski
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 450)

Postby Fade2White12 » Fri Mar 23, 2012 6:08 pm

j24jags wrote:Wow big difference between the projection engines for me...84 points to 57 points from Razzball to Drafttracker. How can Ryan Madson + Andrew Bailey net me 1 point in the saves category?

I see where the issue lies. :-b I forgot to make your trade with Aqua. I'll update it and see where it ends up.

Edit: Makes quite a bit of difference. You drop down to only 4 points in R, but you climb up to 10 in HR and 8 in SV. It now has you at 67. It also drops Aqua down a bit, but that's also because his roster now has one less player.

I also just realized that it gave Oopah 0's for two categories. It projects him to be the worst in both categories, so it doesn't change the standings, but everyone should get 2 extra points on their total.
Fade2White12
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Ender » Fri Mar 23, 2012 10:51 pm

The first one listed me as the 5th worst team, the 2nd one as the 2nd best team. That goes to show just how wide a margin of results you can get with projections :). I like the 2nd one though I fear the 1st one might be correct! As for my actual feelings for my team I think the 2nd one is closer because me being almost last in SB and R makes no sense, if I have a weakness it is HR for sure.
Ender
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy Expert

PreviousNext

Return to The Brushback League