Where can I get a current Player list? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Where can I get a current Player list?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Where can I get a current Player list?

Postby ndg728 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 6:17 pm

I have been reading this site for a long time now, and I almost always find answers to my questions from previous posts. But alas I finally have one I couldn't find an answer to.

I've been running my league for about 10 years now. And after trying for about 5 years, I finally have everyone on board for a live in person auction draft. To do this I have, with the help of the cafe, created an excel spreadsheet for the draft. And now I am wondering where I can get a complete list of players and positions to import to the excel sheet. Any suggestions?

As a side note, the league is currently at 12 teams, and I may be losing 2. How does that affect player value? Fewer teams does that increase or decrease the value? Math is not my strong suit.

Thanks!
ndg728
T-Ball Trainer

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Where can I get a current Player list?

Postby bigmck » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:48 am

ndg728 wrote:I have been reading this site for a long time now, and I almost always find answers to my questions from previous posts. But alas I finally have one I couldn't find an answer to.

I've been running my league for about 10 years now. And after trying for about 5 years, I finally have everyone on board for a live in person auction draft. To do this I have, with the help of the cafe, created an excel spreadsheet for the draft. And now I am wondering where I can get a complete list of players and positions to import to the excel sheet. Any suggestions?

As a side note, the league is currently at 12 teams, and I may be losing 2. How does that affect player value? Fewer teams does that increase or decrease the value? Math is not my strong suit.

Thanks!

It is too early now to get a player list. Even the MLB teams don't know who they will have. I use the USA Today Baseball Weekly that comes out the third Wednesday of March. It is the Fantasy Issue and has all of the players with projected dollar amounts and comments on them. It is a must have. == If you league has fewer players, the salary of players will be lower due to the demand for players being lower. Less Owners, less demand.
bigmck
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Commissioner's Corner