BIG Keeper league trade question! HELP! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

BIG Keeper league trade question! HELP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: BIG Keeper league trade question! HELP!

Postby jtsandwich » Thu Feb 02, 2012 2:43 am

At first I was ok with both but the more I think about I would not do either. Both 2B's are 29 and you are improving another team much more than you are improving your own. Let more of your talent go back in the draft which gives a deeper draft and you will be in position to have a stronger team. The guy you are possibly trading with must have poor keepers by quantity and he is trying to rebuild through 1 or 2 big deals. Don't let him.
jtsandwich
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

(Past Year: 104)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Urban Cohorts » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:35 am

jtsandwich wrote:At first I was ok with both but the more I think about I would not do either. Both 2B's are 29 and you are improving another team much more than you are improving your own. Let more of your talent go back in the draft which gives a deeper draft and you will be in position to have a stronger team. The guy you are possibly trading with must have poor keepers by quantity and he is trying to rebuild through 1 or 2 big deals. Don't let him.

Making one of those trades is going to improve both of the keeper lists, which is an advantage for both owners over the other 10 teams. What does it matter if the other team is improving a little bit more? At the end of the day, you are improving your keepers. It is a win-win. Letting your talent go back into the draft isn't going to help improve your team. Throwing your guys back into the draft (when you could have traded them) is going to bring down your team and his team closer to the other 10 teams. And if the guy you are trading with has poor keepers, wouldn't that be more of a reason to deal with him? He obviously isn't much of a threat if he has poor keepers. Maybe think twice about it if you are making a trade with the clear cut favorite, but other than that scenario you should improve your keeper list. Its to your advantage.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MaudDib » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:48 am

Urban Cohorts wrote:
jtsandwich wrote:At first I was ok with both but the more I think about I would not do either. Both 2B's are 29 and you are improving another team much more than you are improving your own. Let more of your talent go back in the draft which gives a deeper draft and you will be in position to have a stronger team. The guy you are possibly trading with must have poor keepers by quantity and he is trying to rebuild through 1 or 2 big deals. Don't let him.

Making one of those trades is going to improve both of the keeper lists, which is an advantage for both owners over the other 10 teams. What does it matter if the other team is improving a little bit more? At the end of the day, you are improving your keepers. It is a win-win. Letting your talent go back into the draft isn't going to help improve your team. Throwing your guys back into the draft (when you could have traded them) is going to bring down your team and his team closer to the other 10 teams. And if the guy you are trading with has poor keepers, wouldn't that be more of a reason to deal with him? He obviously isn't much of a threat if he has poor keepers. Maybe think twice about it if you are making a trade with the clear cut favorite, but other than that scenario you should improve your keeper list. Its to your advantage.

Agree. Don't worry so much about how the trade effects another owners team. The only thing that really matters is if it will improve your team/keepers.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions