BIG Keeper league trade question! HELP! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

BIG Keeper league trade question! HELP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

BIG Keeper league trade question! HELP!

Postby jhawkinson3 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:18 pm

Fellas.
Im sitting in a 5x5 Roto League....5 keepers....12 Owner....Unlimited timetable keeping guys....12th pick in the draft.

My current list of potential keepers are Joey Votto, Matt Kemp, Ian Kinsler, Jered Weaver, Ryan Zimmerman, Adrian Beltre, MIke Napoli and Brian McCann.

I have been offered 2 separate trades and Im wondering which I should take.

Trade #1 -
I trade: Ian Kinsler, Jered Weaver and Ryan Zimmerman or Adrian Beltre
I get: Robinson Cano

Keepers Post Trade: Joey Votto, Matt Kemp, Robinson Cano, Ryan Zimmerman or Adrian Beltre and Mike Napoli

Trade #2 -
I trade: Jered Weaver and Ryan Zimmerman
I get: Roy Halladay and Jon Lester

Keepers Post Trade: Joey Votto, Matt Kemp, Ian Kinsler, Roy Halladay and Adrian Beltre

Which set do you like better? If you choose #1 who do you keep between Zimmerman and Beltre?

Here is the list of who is available in the draft -- SORRY for the length!!!

Pablo Sandoval, Matt Holliday, Matt Cain, Paul Konerko, Yovanni Gallardo, Alex Gordon, Kevin Youkilis, Brian McCann, Mike Napoli, CJ Wilson, Yu Darvish, Dan Haren, Tommy Hanson, Jason Heyward, Asdrubal Cabrera, Adam Wainright
jhawkinson3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: BIG Keeper league trade question! HELP!

Postby galante22 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:31 pm

yikes thats a tough one.i think id lean the first option because of cano. the guy has mvp potential, is still young, and plays 2b...id also lean keeping zimmerman as hes 5 years younger and the nationals are finally getting better. harper in the line up in the next year or two morse 30 hr potential...id go that route personally

help
viewtopic.php?t=438598
galante22
College Coach
College Coach

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:43 pm

No way on that first one. Cano is great, but Kinsler is not that far off in my opinion. Throwing in two extra guys is overkill ... unless you *really* want Cano. Then do what you have to do. Kinsler/Weaver should do it.

The second deal is more realistic, but only if you want a pitching keeper. Halladay would be a fine get. However, I bet at pick #12 one of those pitchers (Gallardo, Haren, Darvish, Wilson, etc) will likely still be around. If you think one of those could head your staff, you may want to just keep Zimmerman to fill a tough 3B spot.

I would say go with 2 if anything, but I'd almost just stand pat.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby jhawkinson3 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:48 pm

MashinSpuds wrote:No way on that first one. Cano is great, but Kinsler is not that far off in my opinion. Throwing in two extra guys is overkill ... unless you *really* want Cano. Then do what you have to do. Kinsler/Weaver should do it.

The second deal is more realistic, but only if you want a pitching keeper. Halladay would be a fine get. However, I bet at pick #12 one of those pitchers (Gallardo, Haren, Darvish, Wilson, etc) will likely still be around. If you think one of those could head your staff, you may want to just keep Zimmerman to fill a tough 3B spot.

If I stood pat at this point Id keep Matt Kemp, Joey Votto, Ian Kinsler, Jered Weaver and Ryan Zimmerman...So I guess essentially you could ask do you like Halladay and Beltre or Weaver and Zimmerman better??
jhawkinson3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:49 pm

Both trades make you better, but it basically comes down to Cano/Napoli or Kinsler/Halladay. All of them are studs and you can't really go wrong either way. I'm very high on Napoli so I would personally go Cano/Napoli, but I think it really comes down to preference.

edit- and Beltre over Zimmerman
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Feb 01, 2012 3:36 pm

jhawkinson3 wrote:
MashinSpuds wrote:No way on that first one. Cano is great, but Kinsler is not that far off in my opinion. Throwing in two extra guys is overkill ... unless you *really* want Cano. Then do what you have to do. Kinsler/Weaver should do it.

If I stood pat at this point Id keep Matt Kemp, Joey Votto, Ian Kinsler, Jered Weaver and Ryan Zimmerman...So I guess essentially you could ask do you like Halladay and Beltre or Weaver and Zimmerman better??

Ahh yeah, I forgot you had Beltre. Well, then I like Halladay/Beltre better indeed. Definitely do the second one if you want that upgrade at SP.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:17 pm

I like the first deal a lot. You trade away a lot of your extra keepers for a top 10 player. My keepers would be Votto, Kemp, Cano, Beltre and McCann. This gives you 3 top 10 players, a very good 3B who should continue his success and the best catcher. Not much to not like in this group. Yes, you could have a better 5th keeper but having 3 top 10 players makes up for that and McCann is no slouch. And no way should you even consider keeping Napoli over McCann. Napoli has had 1/2 of a season that has been any good. McCann has been pretty much the top dog for a while (him and Mauer anyway).
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 369)

Postby ensanimal » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:08 pm

MaudDib wrote:I like the first deal a lot. You trade away a lot of your extra keepers for a top 10 player. My keepers would be Votto, Kemp, Cano, Beltre and McCann. This gives you 3 top 10 players, a very good 3B who should continue his success and the best catcher. Not much to not like in this group. Yes, you could have a better 5th keeper but having 3 top 10 players makes up for that and McCann is no slouch. And no way should you even consider keeping Napoli over McCann. Napoli has had 1/2 of a season that has been any good. McCann has been pretty much the top dog for a while (him and Mauer anyway).

I agree with everything MaudDib says. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 108)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:41 pm

I actually like both trades but I think number one makes you the best going into the draft because Cano is a top 10 player with top 5 potential.

please help

viewtopic.php?t=438556
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1232)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:05 pm

I like both trades, but I would lean towards the second offer.

In the second trade you are essentially moving Weaver for Halladay (as Beltre becomes a keeper instead of Zimmerman- little difference here). That is a BIG upgrade IMO.

The first trade comes down to adding Cano for Kinsler + a downgrade at your 5th keeper spot. So Cano/Napoli instead of Kinsler/Weaver. Not a bad deal, but I like the second trade better, since you aren't doing anything except improving Weaver to Halladay. I'd take the second trade and then counter the first with Jon Lester thrown in instead of Weaver.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions