Trying to turn 10 keepers into 12... - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Trying to turn 10 keepers into 12...

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Trying to turn 10 keepers into 12...

Postby Tavish » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:37 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:That would leave me able to keep the whole starting offense, plus Kershaw and Hamels, and leave me with a decision between Haren and Moore for the last of the 12 spots. But I'm not sure that's the best route either.

Maybe I am confused. Are you keeping 10 or 12?

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Tavish » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:39 pm

Nvm, I see what you mean. It just seems that with that much surplus talent you would be better off trying to go after an elite upgrade vs trading away 6+ players to be able to keep 2 extras.

Bury me a Royal.
Tavish
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterWeb Supporter
(Past Year: 25)

Postby Beeblebrox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:52 pm

Tavish wrote:Nvm, I see what you mean. It just seems that with that much surplus talent you would be better off trying to go after an elite upgrade vs trading away 6+ players to be able to keep 2 extras.

I've tried that. Tulo, Hanley, CarGo, Braun and Bautista are all off the table, so it's going to be hard to improve SS, 3B, or LF much.

I don't really think I need an upgrade over Pujols, Pedrioa, Kemp, or JUpton.

I guess I could see what it would take to pry Miggy or Votto loose for a UTIL spot, but I'm not sure those owners would be as interested in such a big package. They've got decent keepers already. It's hard to see a deal like that happening.

It's really the bottom dwellers that are hurting for keepers, and getting 3 guys for the price of a single pick could give them a jumpstart to being competitive again. The gap between me and the last place team was more than 90 points last year, and in a 12 team 5x5 league, that's insanely huge.
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby fast dogs » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Cain, Moore Zimm Zobrist, Wain A Ram Haren all would go in the top 120 picks. If you want to keep Andrus and Bruce with your 7 top 25 players you put the other 7 into the trading bin. I just don't think you have to say these 10 are in; you guys pick from the rest. Your #8-14 guys are going to be pretty darn close; hold back the guys you like the best and offer up the rest for picks. If you say Moore is my 10th and thats who would have earned you a draft pick, you'd have been better off including him in the bin.Pick the 8 or 9 you want, leave yourself room for the owners to get players they want. You will get many different answers who are your best 10, its likely the trading partners will have guys that will make them pull the trigger on a players for picks deal, which is ultimately what you want. Your final keeper is going to be good no matter who it ends up being...do what you can to get the pick
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 304)

Postby Beeblebrox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:15 pm

Two big things I've learned so far.

It seems I think too highly of Zimmerman, and not highly enough of Moore.
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions