Pick 1 keeper II - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Pick 1 keeper II

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Pick 1 keeper II

Postby MaudDib » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:22 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
MaudDib wrote:Sandoval as well but I don't think it is that large of a margin for long-term. Moustakas has 30+HR power with a decent avg.

Pablo has 30+ power with an excellent average.

I realize that what I was saying is that the difference isn't that big. Everyone said Pablo by a gigantic margin but I don't think it is by that large of a margin. Moustakas can match him in about everything but the avg department and even that is only going to be a difference between .30 (Pablo .310 - Moustakas .280).
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:24 pm

MaudDib wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:
MaudDib wrote:Sandoval as well but I don't think it is that large of a margin for long-term. Moustakas has 30+HR power with a decent avg.

I realize that what I was saying is that the difference isn't that big. Everyone said Pablo by a gigantic margin but I don't think it is by that large of a margin. Moustakas can match him in about everything but the avg department and even that is only going to be a difference between .30 (Pablo .310 - Moustakas .280).

yes, but you're still talking about potential with Moustakas. Pablo has already performed at that level in the majors. that is where the large margin comes from.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 429)

Postby sfjb » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:26 pm

Panda is still only 25 remember.
sfjb
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 1)

Postby Devil Doc » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:31 pm

TheBull wrote:Moustakas

vs

Sandoval

(In general, who would your have now & long-term)

Moustakas with out a doubt.
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MaudDib » Mon Jan 30, 2012 5:33 pm

GiantsFan14 wrote:
MaudDib wrote:
GiantsFan14 wrote:

yes, but you're still talking about potential with Moustakas. Pablo has already performed at that level in the majors. that is where the large margin comes from.

Again, I said long-term. So yes today Pablo is the better value. 2-4 years from now, I can't say that Pablo will be all that much better than Moustakas. Right now we have half a season from Moustakas so we don't know what he will turn into. Pablo is far from a sure thing himself. He has had two full seasons with 23+ HR and a BA over .315. The other season is a 13 HR .268 season. Pablo has never gotten more than 90 RBI or 80 Runs. So Pablo is not that high right now that Moustakas couldn't catch him quite easily with one good year. If (and I do mean if) Moustakas hits 30HR with 90 RBI and 90 Runs (which is doable) then he will actually be thought more highly than Pablo especially because Moustakas is only 23.

Again Pablo today but the margin isn't gigantic.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby ensanimal » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:51 pm

I'm going to agree with GF and say Pablo over either of the options, and if I'm drafting now, it's by a wide margin.If I'm making a deal, I'm taking Sandoval as fast as I can.
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:18 am

Sandoval over both Moustakas and Freeman.

Moustakas has potential, but I've already seen Pablo perform at a high level. Safer choice to go with the proven talent versus the speculative upside (albeit high upside) of Moustakas.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions