NL only... trade possibilties and keepers - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

NL only... trade possibilties and keepers

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

NL only... trade possibilties and keepers

Postby praetorian77 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:51 am

This is an nl only auction keeper league... 5x5, keep 8... Right now have these as possiblities as keepers : votto at 15, ike davis at 3, aaron hill at 4, rickie weeks at 12, hanley ramirez at 19, jon jay at 14, corey hart at 8, drew pomeranz at 5, josh johnson at 7, jason motte at 4, julio teheran at 2, and adam wainwright at 3...
Right now im planning votto, weeks, davis, ramirez, hart, johnson, motte, and wainwright... Is that good?
Am trying to work out trades as well and want to know if u all think its fair: weeks, motte and pomeranz for Jose Reyes who is 24... A little background reyes cant be kept by that guy anymore, and the more i look at it im leaning towards keeping hill over weeks so would rather get something for them...
Same 3 as well for Ryan Braun, 16 bucks... His 50 game suspension might want to make the guy want to deal but is it even remotely fair?

Thanks for your help!
praetorian77
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: NL only... trade possibilties and keepers

Postby GiantsFan14 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:27 am

praetorian77 wrote:This is an nl only auction keeper league... 5x5, keep 8... Right now have these as possiblities as keepers : votto at 15, ike davis at 3, aaron hill at 4, rickie weeks at 12, hanley ramirez at 19, jon jay at 14, corey hart at 8, drew pomeranz at 5, josh johnson at 7, jason motte at 4, julio teheran at 2, and adam wainwright at 3...
Right now im planning votto, weeks, davis, ramirez, hart, johnson, motte, and wainwright... Is that good?
Am trying to work out trades as well and want to know if u all think its fair: weeks, motte and pomeranz for Jose Reyes who is 24... A little background reyes cant be kept by that guy anymore, and the more i look at it im leaning towards keeping hill over weeks so would rather get something for them...
Same 3 as well for Ryan Braun, 16 bucks... His 50 game suspension might want to make the guy want to deal but is it even remotely fair?

Thanks for your help!

i'd make the trade for braun, he might not get the suspension and even if he did, 100 or so games from him is very valuable. if you can keep him past this year it's hugely in your favor.
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 426)

Postby Element » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:49 am

praetorian77 wrote:This is an nl only auction keeper league... 5x5, keep 8... Right now have these as possiblities as keepers : votto at 15, ike davis at 3, aaron hill at 4, rickie weeks at 12, hanley ramirez at 19, jon jay at 14, corey hart at 8, drew pomeranz at 5, josh johnson at 7, jason motte at 4, julio teheran at 2, and adam wainwright at 3...

Thanks for your help!

What is your draft cap? If Reyes went for $24, Braun is a steal. Do you have bench spots to stash him if you get him? How long could you keep Braun?
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 693)

Postby MadDog36 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:15 am

Yeah I'd do the Braun trade and keep Teheran with the free spot.
Join My Roto Keeper League:
viewtopic.php?t=466433
MadDog36
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse Team LeaderFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1927)

Postby praetorian77 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:02 am

250... I would love to do the braun trade but don't know if those three would get it done... The team with braun needs keepers and a second basemen but don't know if just Weeks, motte and pomeranz gets it done... If u had braun would U do it?
Can keep players 3 years total. this will be the last year he can keep braun...
praetorian77
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MaudDib » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:15 am

I wouldn't do that deal for Braun so I am not sure it is enough. It never hurts to offer it and I don't think you are insulting the guy if you do offer it. I also like the Reyes deal. Basically you are trading 3 non-keepers for a top 20 player. Sounds like a winner to me.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby praetorian77 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:06 pm

I really like Weeks and hate to trade him but I just have this feeling with Aaron hill... I believe he could be a 25 25 guy in that Arizona ballpark this year and for 4 bucks can't pass that up, but that is also my personal feelings coming into play
praetorian77
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby MaudDib » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:23 pm

praetorian77 wrote:I really like Weeks and hate to trade him but I just have this feeling with Aaron hill... I believe he could be a 25 25 guy in that Arizona ballpark this year and for 4 bucks can't pass that up, but that is also my personal feelings coming into play

I think that is fair. I am not sure 25/25 as he as only broken 20 SB once and that was last year. Shoot for 20/15 season which in an NL only is pretty valuable especially from a 2B.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Postby praetorian77 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:32 pm

Question for you guys, who do u rate better based on money:
Ryan roberts, 2
Jose Reyes, 24
Drew Stubbs, 11
Michael bourn, 11

I honestly think it could be a toss up for them...
praetorian77
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby Element » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 pm

praetorian77 wrote:Question for you guys, who do u rate better based on money:
Ryan roberts, 2
Jose Reyes, 24
Drew Stubbs, 11
Michael bourn, 11

I honestly think it could be a toss up for them...

Pretty much a toss up. I'd lean toward Reyes or Bourn though.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 693)

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions