Team better trading Pujols? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Team better trading Pujols?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Team better trading Pujols?

Postby Devil Doc » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:39 pm

Beeblebrox wrote:
fast dogs wrote:Adding to my woes is Lee, Votto & Pedroia are also in their final contract year so this might be my best year to contend and trading Pujols for under market value doesn't help that cause. I've painted myself into a corner with all the expiring contracts coming, Hosmer at least is someone I can have for the next 3 years after this. I'm fundamentally against trading the best player in a keeper league; there is alot going on here and my options are limited

Given that....I'd hold on to Pujols, try to win the title this year, and then start fresh next season.

The other option would be to blow up the team now....dealing Pujols, Votto, Pedrioa, and Lee....and build an entirely new 7-keeper core that you can hold onto for another 3 years, and aim for a mini-dynasty in the league.

It seems like trading only Pujols is trying to walk the middle of the road, and that's no way to win.

I agree with the "blow up the team now" thought. With the players you are going to lose, you can get the same if not better talent with some package deals there. I think you'd want to start sooner rather than later with the ages of both Lee and Pujols, and bank on what they've done in the past before those numbers drop at all.

Help with mine? http://www.fantasybaseballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=438534
Devil Doc Beginner
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby fast dogs » Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:58 pm

I've still got a good core for a 14 team league, blowing it up right now isn't an option. If Hosmer provides 2/3 of Pujols and the other 2 outperform my current 2 I won't lose much for 2012. If I lose by 10 HR and 20 RBI then it was a mistake. If Hosmer adds to his impressive rookie season and becomes a 2nd rounder next year it could work out for this year and beyond. Just so tough trading Pujols
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 299)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Beeblebrox » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:27 pm

I guess I'll just go back to the original question.

No, your team is not better by trading Pujols. Not for 2012, at least not with the trade you've got on the table.

If you've got a good core and want to win now, then keep Albert and deal with next year when it gets here.

If you are more concerned with 2013 and beyond, then don't stop at Pujols. Trade your big guns now and build for those years, since you said you won't be able to keep them beyond 2012 anyway.

Fortune favors the bold.
Beeblebrox
College Coach
College Coach

(Past Year: 7)

Postby fast dogs » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:59 pm

tried again for Andrus but he's not having any of it. we've got all month to trade so I'm just going to hold my ground and wait a while
fast dogs
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse TeamMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 299)

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions