Daniel Hudson Keeper Value - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Daniel Hudson Keeper Value

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Daniel Hudson Keeper Value

Postby HotCornR » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:49 pm

In our league, Hudson qualifies as a 21st round keeper. If he is kept, I would lose that pick. If I trade him, he maintains that slot provided he is kept. I am shopping him currently, what would you guys pay for Hudson with that 21st round value? I am trying to gauge the value I should expect... Thanks for your input fellas.
HotCornR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Daniel Hudson Keeper Value

Postby HighHeater » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:32 pm

hes close to a top 25 SP.. if not top 25 now. His K's went down but his other peripherals went up. He might regress a lil in ERA and WHIP but his K's should return. He's a dependable strike-throwing young SP in a weak NL division... id say hes worth a good amount imo. He's defiently worth a 21st round keeper pick imo
HighHeater
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 3)

Postby bigh0rt » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:35 pm

He's being drafted in the 7th Round so it'd take quite a bit.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:07 pm

Yeah, Hudson is averaging out as an 85th overall pick, which is good for a 7th/8th round pick in a standard 12 team league. Given his cost (21st round), potential, and age, he should net you someone decent. Tough to say who exactly- perhaps someone with 3rd-5th round talent depending upon draft round and age.

The only thing Hudson doesn't have going for him is his IP spike from last season.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby etex211 » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:18 am

If I had Hudson as a 21st round keeper, I'd probably just keep him for myself.
etex211
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

(Past Year: 28)

Postby Element » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:26 am

etex211 wrote:If I had Hudson as a 21st round keeper, I'd probably just keep him for myself.

Unless you can turn him into a quality bat. It's always the safer route.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 713)

Postby HotCornR » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:28 am

Here in lies my dilemma. I can only keep three players and two minor leaguers, so I am trying to weigh my options... Of the players on my roster that have keeper value I have Kemp (1), Cano (1), Ellsbury (3), Shields (11), Weeks (15), Hudson (21), Wainwright (24). My plan was to go with Kemp, Cano and Wainwright and shop the others for draft picks. Moore and Trout still qualify as minor leaguers in our league so they are obviously being kept as well... I pick 11th in the first round, I will not have a shot at Kemp, Cano or Ellsbury, they will be the top ranked players not kept going into the draft if I don't keep them, so I will be taking a step back there, but it may be outweighed by the value of Hudson at 21.
HotCornR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Postby Urban Cohorts » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:49 am

With the 11th overall pick, I keep both Kemp and Cano. That is a solid start. My next guy is Wainwright- could be a HUGE payoff with a 24th round pick. And if things don't work out, you don't lose much IMO. I'd look to trade the others for whatever you can get in the draft. The asking price for Ellsbury would be high, as a 3rd round for him is pretty good compared to the rest.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:21 am

HotCornR wrote:Here in lies my dilemma. I can only keep three players and two minor leaguers, so I am trying to weigh my options... Of the players on my roster that have keeper value I have Kemp (1), Cano (1), Ellsbury (3), Shields (11), Weeks (15), Hudson (21), Wainwright (24). My plan was to go with Kemp, Cano and Wainwright and shop the others for draft picks. Moore and Trout still qualify as minor leaguers in our league so they are obviously being kept as well... I pick 11th in the first round, I will not have a shot at Kemp, Cano or Ellsbury, they will be the top ranked players not kept going into the draft if I don't keep them, so I will be taking a step back there, but it may be outweighed by the value of Hudson at 21.

Here I'm easily keeping Kemp, Cano, and Wainwright. Everybody else I'm looking to either trade for the best pick possible (for Hudson, who is being drafted in the 7th, you may look to get, say, a 10th round pick, so that your trade partner and you are both getting some value... otherwise, toss them back and make them pay actual draft price for the players).
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 347)

Postby HotCornR » Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:58 pm

Thanks for the insight everyone. Sometimes it's nice to step back and have another look at things and it seems everyone supports my initial feel on this. The move is Kemp, Cano and Wainwright, deal Hudson or any of the others some sucker may want.
HotCornR
Softball Supervisor
Softball Supervisor

Next

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions