Should I trade for Lincecum - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Should I trade for Lincecum

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Re: Should I trade for Lincecum

Postby HOOTIE » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:30 pm

MaudDib wrote:I think I would keep Strasburg. He has a ton of ability and could easily be one of the best pitchers this year even on an innings limit. If you could add Haren instead of Strasburg then I really like the deal. Saying all that I am worried about Lincecum. His numbers have been declining for the past couple years and I am not sure this is the time to buy. I just don't know if he is going to turn things around or this is the pitcher he has become. Either way I would rather have someone else take that risk right now and keep the young stud in Strasburg.

;-D

I would keep Strasburg over Haren for sure.
Smells Like Teen Spirit
HOOTIE
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 303)
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Pearl Jam country, right next door to Nirvana, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains.

Re: Should I trade for Lincecum

Postby MaudDib » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:32 pm

lane_anasazi2 wrote:
MaudDib wrote:I am not sure I agree that Strasburg carries more risk than Lincecum. They both are risky but I don't think I am concerned about injuries right now. Strasburg just came back from TJ surgery but usually that is a one time thing and not something that will cause problems down the road.

I'm absolutely not the one to make a call on this, but I've READ articles with quotes by multiple scouts saying they were not surprised Starsburg got hurt, that it was only a matter of time with his mechanics. I don't know how much stock to put in that, but if there's something mechanically wonky with his delivery, it wouldn't be a one time thing, yeah?

I have heard that as well and from a few people I trust. And then I hear from other people I trust, that Strasburg is one of the best. Basically claiming him to be one of the top 5 SP in the majors the moment he was called up. Sometime I hear something like this and I ignore it but there are a few people that it makes me perk my ears. So I am kind of torn on what I think he will do.

It is a fair point that his mechanics might not keep him healthy. I guess we will learn a lot this season.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 466)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions