Which set of Keepers do I take??? HELP! - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2014 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Which set of Keepers do I take??? HELP!

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Which set of Keepers do I take??? HELP!

Postby jhawkinson3 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:34 pm

5x5 Roto -- 12 Owners -- Can keep players for unlimited time.

Which set would you prefer here with the list of people going back to the draft listed below:

Matt Kemp, Joey Votto, Robinson Cano, Adrian Beltre, Des Jennings?
or
Matt Kemp, Joey Votto, Ian Kinsler, Jered Weaver, Ryan Zimmerman?
or
Matt Kemp, Joey Votto, Ian Kinsler, Roy Halladay, Adrian Beltre?

I currently pick 12th in every round. Players going back into the draft pool include:

Adrian Beltre (If I dont keep him), Pablo Sandoval, Matt Holliday, Matt Cain, Paul Konerko, Yovanni Gallardo, Alex Gordon, Kevin Youkilis, Brian McCann, Mike Napoli, CJ Wilson, Yu Darvish, Dan Haren, Tommy Hanson, Jason Heyward, Asdrubal Cabrera, Adam Wainright, Michael Bourn, Buster Posey.

Send me your thoughts fellas -- Thinking hard on this one. Reminder keeper league so ages do come into play!
THANK YOU!
jhawkinson3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Which set of Keepers do I take??? HELP!

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:48 pm

The first one. Cano puts it over the others without me really having to think much about it. Then you include Jennings and that's it. It's ova! Ring the bell!!
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 9:54 pm

The first one. Going all hitters makes a lot of sense, plus it looks like the best overall value.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 41)

Postby jhawkinson3 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:04 pm

Ill give a little lowdown here. I was offered Robinson Cano for Ian Kinsler, Jered Weaver and one of Ryan Zimmerman or Adrian Beltre.

If I took that deal Id be left with Joey Votto, Matt Kemp, Robinson Cano, Adrian Beltre or Ryan Zimmerman whichever I choose not to trade and then Id have to choose between Mike Napoli and Brian McCann as my 5th keeper. I could get Des Jennings for either Napoli or McCann.

Any additional thoughts?
jhawkinson3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:14 pm

I'd immediately trade one of your Catchers for Jennings and keep him. That's easy.

The Cano deal... you're giving up a lot for him. It's a clearly unbalanced trade, but ultimately leaves you with the best set of keepers. That being said, I'd make it. I'm of the belief that if it makes your team better, it doesn't matter what it's doing to the other teams. Is it helping the other team more than yours? Maybe. But you don't cut off your nose to spite your face, when you have the opportunity to improve your team.
bigh0rt
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 353)

Postby jhawkinson3 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:16 pm

My original offer was Kinsler, Zimmerman or Beltre and Napoli which he came back to Weaver instead of Napoli which to me was asking quite a bit. I still think Im giving up too much.

This guys keepers if he doesnt make this trade is Cano, Tex, Sabathia, Josh Johnson (ick) and Shin Soo Choo (yikes).

I thought I offered enough initially.
jhawkinson3
Little League Legend
Little League Legend

Postby eviljoshing » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:55 pm

You did offer enough BUT he knows you need the trade too. I'd keep the first set and I like Jennings as well as Zimmerman
eviljoshing
Minor League Mentor
Minor League Mentor

Postby ensanimal » Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:56 pm

Your original offer was good. Sometimes you have to overpay to make a deal that is worth it to consolidate your keepers. Make those deals, get Cano, get Jennings and be happy going into this season. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 113)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Thu Jan 26, 2012 2:32 am

ensanimal wrote:Your original offer was good. Sometimes you have to overpay to make a deal that is worth it to consolidate your keepers. Make those deals, get Cano, get Jennings and be happy going into this season. ;-D

^ Yep

bigh0rt wrote:I'd immediately trade one of your Catchers for Jennings and keep him. That's easy.

The Cano deal... you're giving up a lot for him. It's a clearly unbalanced trade, but ultimately leaves you with the best set of keepers. That being said, I'd make it. I'm of the belief that if it makes your team better, it doesn't matter what it's doing to the other teams. Is it helping the other team more than yours? Maybe. But you don't cut off your nose to spite your face, when you have the opportunity to improve your team.

^ This too
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MaudDib » Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:02 pm

Urban Cohorts wrote:
ensanimal wrote:Your original offer was good. Sometimes you have to overpay to make a deal that is worth it to consolidate your keepers. Make those deals, get Cano, get Jennings and be happy going into this season. ;-D

^ Yep

bigh0rt wrote:I'd immediately trade one of your Catchers for Jennings and keep him. That's easy.

^ This too

Yep. All of this is good. And that first group is a great way to start the season.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 380)

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions