Sandoval/Heyward - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Sandoval/Heyward

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Sandoval/Heyward

Postby triple3play » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:43 am

With news of McCab moving to third I can afford to trade Sandoval now. I cane trade him to a guy for Heyward. No brainer? Is Heyward still gonna be all that?
triple3play
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Sandoval/Heyward

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:47 am

I actually like Sandoval more than Heyward. Heyward may have a higher ceiling than Panda, but he has to stay healthy first. I would aim for a better return for Sandoval. Surely some team must be lacking a good 3B.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby GiantsFan14 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:04 am

Pablo>>>>>>>>>>Heyward
@FBC_GiantsFan14 on Twitter
GiantsFan14
Baseball Scribe
Baseball Scribe

EditorCafeholicResponse TeamCafe WriterGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 427)

Postby Element » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:14 am

GiantsFan14 wrote:Pablo>>>>>>>>>>Heyward

Yep. Plus, it is not 100% that MCab plays 3B exclusively, He'll DH and the Tigers won't have to worry about him at 3B until Victor comes back. He'll likely get enough starts to qualify, but I don't think that you can bank on it happening in the early going.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:07 am

I think Heyward is a great target, but he's a great target because at this point you shouldn't have to give up someone like Sandoval for him. Heyward's value has never been this low and probably won't be again. Sandoval is really young, really good and plays 3B. Counter with someone else.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby ensanimal » Wed Jan 25, 2012 7:17 am

lane_anasazi2 wrote:I think Heyward is a great target, but he's a great target because at this point you shouldn't have to give up someone like Sandoval for him. Heyward's value has never been this low and probably won't be again. Sandoval is really young, really good and plays 3B. Counter with someone else.

Agreed. ;-D
ensanimal

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeHockey ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 112)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Jan 25, 2012 10:56 am

I wouldn't cut bait on your 3B just yet. Cabrera was one of the worst 1B last year so a move across the diamond is unlikely to last. Just because they talk about it now doesn't mean that after seeing him play 3B during spring training they will keep him there. He was bad at 3B when they tried him there after signing as a free agent and that only last a handful of games. So I think I would wait this one out rather than try and make a deal before you actually have a 3B replacement.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby kidsilk » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:34 pm

I would be hard pressed to trade Panda. I think he is worth way more than an oft injured, playing below ability Heyward. I also like what Maudib said, don't bank on MCab staying at third. Plus you could get more for the fat Panda!

please help

viewtopic.php?t=438324
Kidsilk
kidsilk
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy Expert
(Past Year: 1209)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:52 pm

lane_anasazi2 wrote:I think Heyward is a great target, but he's a great target because at this point you shouldn't have to give up someone like Sandoval for him. Heyward's value has never been this low and probably won't be again. Sandoval is really young, really good and plays 3B. Counter with someone else.

;-D
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions