Is Mike Morse all that? - Fantasy Baseball Cafe 2015 Fantasy Baseball Cafe
100% Deposit Bonus for Cafe Members!

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions

Is Mike Morse all that?

Moderator: Baseball Moderators

Is Mike Morse all that?

Postby prguy1979 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:34 pm

How high are you guys on Mike Morse..I am thinking about offering a trade for him. His owner is extremly high on him and im wondering if its even worth it...here is the league info and my potential keepers...

In a 15 team auctions and rotisserie keeper league....$100 budget....that requieres you to have:
2 catchers, 1 of each 1st, 2nd, 3rd, SS, CI, and MI, 4 OF, 2 UT(any position), 5 SP, 3 RP, 2 Swingmen (any pitcher)

categories are:

BA, BB, R, RBI, SB, SLG, ERA, HD(Holds), K, S, W, WHIP
My Keeeprs(.10 players dont count agaisnt my 11 keepers)...
Asdrubal Cabrera(6.1), Sterlin Castro(4.1), P. Fielder(12.2), C. Utley(8.1),R. Roberts(5.8), J. Bruce(10.8),A. Gordon(2.10), T. Lincecum(10.1), D. Price(6.1), E. Santana(3.2), H. Bailey(2.1), C. Sale(4.4), J. Nathan(2.10), M. Trout(.10), Devin Mesarco(.10)

The team that has him wants Lincy...he has also expressed intrest in Cadrera and Castro.

He also has Nelson Cruz at $8.8, Mark Reynolds $7, Victorino $12.1, Cueto at $3.1, Ricky Romero at $6.2, John Axford at $4.9, Sergio Santo $2.7, CC Sabathia at $12 and Curtin Granderon(whom i dont think he will move) at 9.7...Mike Morse will be $2.1.
16 team mix BA R RBI BB SB SLG ERA W K HD S Whip
C /Castro
1/3/CI Donaldson/Wright/Votto
2/SS/MI
OF Jones/Brantly/Trout
DH
P Sale/Wanwrigth/Wheeler
prguy1979
College Coach
College Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Is Mike Morse all that?

Postby Element » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:36 pm

I'm not high on Morse. Lots of power, but he has a long swing. I think that it is unlikely for him to match last season's total. I would not attempt to acquire him.
Element
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 610)

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:08 am

prguy1979 wrote:How high are you guys on Mike Morse..I am thinking about offering a trade for him. His owner is extremly high on him and im wondering if its even worth it...

I think Morse is going to be a good 2nd tier 1B for 2012. Should have good power and better counting stats (having a healthy Zimmerman plus Harper looks to be in line for a RF spot). His AVG will go down though, as he was lucky in 2011 in that department.

But you seem to have answered your own question. If the other owner is high on Morse, good luck reasonably trading for him.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby prguy1979 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:14 am

Urban Cohorts wrote:
prguy1979 wrote:How high are you guys on Mike Morse..I am thinking about offering a trade for him. His owner is extremly high on him and im wondering if its even worth it...

I think Morse is going to be a good 2nd tier 1B for 2012. Should have good power and better counting stats (having a healthy Zimmerman plus Harper looks to be in line for a RF spot). His AVG will go down though, as he was lucky in 2011 in that department.

But you seem to have answered your own question. If the other owner is high on Morse, good luck reasonably trading for him.

I do like him to a bit. I guess my real question is...Who should I offer for him? I feel the chances of him repeating his '11 performance is low but still a great value at 2.a.
16 team mix BA R RBI BB SB SLG ERA W K HD S Whip
C /Castro
1/3/CI Donaldson/Wright/Votto
2/SS/MI
OF Jones/Brantly/Trout
DH
P Sale/Wanwrigth/Wheeler
prguy1979
College Coach
College Coach

Postby Urban Cohorts » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:42 am

I would be fine moving Cabrera for Morse, as you have a better and more price effective SS in Castro. I think Cabrera won't repeat his numbers in 2012. And since you lack a 1B, this wouldn't be a bad move for you. Especially with Morse costing just $2.10.

I would hype up Cabrera's 2011 and say that having a top SS should be a deal maker in a 16 team league with an extra MI spot. Be reasonable with Morse and your evaluation of him- meaning don't underplay his value too much, give a reasonable expectation.
Urban Cohorts
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lane_anasazi2 » Wed Jan 25, 2012 5:44 am

Urban Cohorts wrote:I would be fine moving Cabrera for Morse, as you have a better and more price effective SS in Castro. I think Cabrera won't repeat his numbers in 2012. And since you lack a 1B, this wouldn't be a bad move for you. Especially with Morse costing just $2.10.

I would hype up Cabrera's 2011 and say that having a top SS should be a deal maker in a 16 team league with an extra MI spot. Be reasonable with Morse and your evaluation of him- meaning don't underplay his value too much, give a reasonable expectation.

I like this. I wouldn't trade Starlin Castro or Timmy for Morse, but Asdrubal would be fine. If I owned Morse I'm not sure I'd do that, but not everybody is me.
lane_anasazi2
Major League Manager
Major League Manager

Cafe Writer
(Past Year: 33)

Postby MashinSpuds » Wed Jan 25, 2012 8:47 am

Not only is the guy high on Morse, but he also gets him for a really cheap price. However, since he wants Lincecum (ludicrous), apparently price isn't an issue. I would agree with Cabrera, but you could also try to swing Ryan Roberts as well. Hey, both he and Morse are one year wonders as of now, so maybe he wants the position eligibility of Roberts.
MashinSpuds
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerEagle EyeCafecaster
(Past Year: 109)

Postby MaudDib » Wed Jan 25, 2012 12:49 pm

lane_anasazi2 wrote:
Urban Cohorts wrote:I would be fine moving Cabrera for Morse, as you have a better and more price effective SS in Castro. I think Cabrera won't repeat his numbers in 2012. And since you lack a 1B, this wouldn't be a bad move for you. Especially with Morse costing just $2.10.

I like this. I wouldn't trade Starlin Castro or Timmy for Morse, but Asdrubal would be fine. If I owned Morse I'm not sure I'd do that, but not everybody is me.

No way would I deal either one of these for Morse. Maybe I do Cabrera but he might be able to land you something better than Morse. Some people think Cabrera could repeat last years numbers and at a premium position you could do a lot better than Morse.
"In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move."- Douglas Adams

MaudDib
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe Ranker
(Past Year: 281)

Postby raiders_umpire » Wed Jan 25, 2012 1:08 pm

Offer him Utley and Asdrubal Cabrera for Morse
raiders_umpire

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Draft, Trade, Keeper and Waivers Questions